Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else looking forward to the fresh start of the new year?

On 12/28/2014 Burnsite said:

I see the appeal of a new leaf, but mostly agree with an earlier post by Preds--every day is a gift and a new start.

Deep, I hope you don't post on here too sparingly--we need your dry sense of humor!

I was thinking the same as you, Burnsite, that we need more posting by deep, not less.

Respected Contributor

You are a wonderful poster, too, tansy.

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 Burnsite said:

You are a wonderful poster, too, tansy.

Blushing...thanksSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

Yes, I need to exercise more. It's so easy for me to stop and get back into my old habits of lying around all day and eating ice cream and candy at night. I'm going to keep going to the gym, staying active and eating right.

Super Contributor

Goal is to get rid of items. Lots of my mom's stuff is in my attic and I'm now ready to get rid of it. I want to go through all the holiday items (also have a ton from my mom) and get rid of the items that I don't use. Even though I don't see all the items in the attic and garage daily it feels like all her stuff is kind of suffocating. So a yard sale is in our future.

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 Disneylandfan said:

Goal is to get rid of items. Lots of my mom's stuff is in my attic and I'm now ready to get rid of it. I want to go through all the holiday items (also have a ton from my mom) and get rid of the items that I don't use. Even though I don't see all the items in the attic and garage daily it feels like all her stuff is kind of suffocating. So a yard sale is in our future.

What a healthy thought. That unseen burden is weighing heavy, I'm sure. Very empowering to start 2015 with a fresh start!

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 Disneylandfan said:

How very true. The unseen stuff that really doesn't hamper our everyday lives, but lives in the attic or basement or storage building is oftentimes more suffocating than what we have to look at or get through each day in our regular living spaces.

It is a combination of just knowing it is there and needs tended to, and the emotional issues we are ignoring by not dealing with it (because it is usually there because we can't find a way to part with it).

I have a lot of the same type of stuff to deal with myself. Best of luck with the progress.

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 hckynut said: I am looking forward to 2015. Hoping the coming year is much better for my wife. She had more than her share of health issues. She will be retiring at the end of the coming week so that is certainly a good start to 2015. Our furry family and myself will be happy to have her home more with us, as will her "foster kids". 2015 will be a great year for me for sure.

John,

Glad you brought us up to date, for I was wondering this past week on how she was doing. Good luck and much happiness for you two this next year. You've been through the mill.

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said: Oh....and I plan to keep going on my weight loss journey. I've lost 85 pounds so far. It's taken forever, but I don't have that far to go. It's a whole new lifestyle and I'm thrilled with my resolve and my success so far

Holy smokes, Good for you, well done!!!! Yeah keep it up. That's got to be so much healthier and better for your joints and heart, etc. That was no easy task.

I'm back on the treadmill, working my way back up, I've done a mile each in the last 2 days. I need to move for so many reasons. Mostly health-related. But I'm working up to what I can do for myself, just moving will help immensely.

Keep it up, you're almost there.

Honored Contributor

Wishing everyone health, hope and prosperity for 2015. I am who I am and to anyone I've piffed off or you think badly of me- you know who you are- I apologize and hope the slate can be erased for a New Year.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee