Honored Contributor

Anyone else looking forward to the fresh start of the new year?

Many times New Year's resolutions don't stick, but I love the fresh start of a new year.

I have some goals for 2015, most involving getting better control of finances and saving more. Also continuing on my decluttering journey.

Anyone else want to share their goals for the New Year, or how they perceive the fresh start?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else looking forward to the fresh start of the new year?

I like the fresh start idea, too. I'm also into decluttering, in fact, I already started by going through old magazines I'd saved and recycling almost all of them. Same for my closet Smiley Happy
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

When the New Year comes, I actually get a little sad that another year has ended. (I wasn't like that until I got older, perhaps Im worried about getting older?..lol.).

My only goal is to try to let little things slide instead of worrying so much. But I don't make resolutions, because I figure if you don't make them you wont break them! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Since my present life doesn't feel 'stale', I think I'll continue to eat a sensible diet, get plenty of exercise, and post on this BB sparingly.

Honored Contributor

This was a rough year for my family. Hoping for a better 2015. For me personally, I'm going to start the year trying the whole ancestry.com thing. I thought it might be a fun winter project. I did the big declutter almost 3 years ago. Easy to keep it up after that. We took several items tp Goodwill this morning and donated 4 bags 3 weeks ago. Significantly downsized our Christmas decorations and ornaments two weeks ago.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Oh....and I plan to keep going on my weight loss journey. I've lost 85 pounds so far. It's taken forever, but I don't have that far to go. It's a whole new lifestyle and I'm thrilled with my resolve and my success so far

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I have already started. I post less on here and watch less tv. That has freed up a lot of time. I have walked my dogs more and met neighbors that I had never met before.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I treat every year the same. I make a fresh start every morning when I wake up.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

I am decluttered and staying on track with the budget, so I am going to expand my exercise horizons this year and try some classes in new things if my joints will allow.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE how 12:01am, January 1st...across the world...everyone has the same renewal. It's not religious or has any other meaning than starting a new year.

My favorite thing to do is go to the office supply store to look for a new calendar! The possibilities those future 365 days hold for me is exciting! Happy New Year!!