Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else looking forward to the fresh start of the new year?

I love new beginnings, a fresh start, a fresh year -

I don't make resolutions as I am living the life I resolve to live and things are going great !

Happy New Year All !

Super Contributor

On 12/27/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said: Oh....and I plan to keep going on my weight loss journey. I've lost 85 pounds so far. It's taken forever, but I don't have that far to go. It's a whole new lifestyle and I'm thrilled with my resolve and my success so far

Congratulations gidget, that is a fantastic accomplishment and very difficult. So many people give up but it sounds like you've done it the right way, over time and not trying to speed diet. You are so much healthier and I'm sure 2015 will be great for you.

2014 has been a horrible year for me, can honestly say the worst of my life, but even in the very low moments I've discovered strength and faith I didn't realize I had. My goal is to get my health back on track, the past few months have been difficult and right now things are worse before getting better. I once took my good health for granted, but now I realize that not much else matters if you are hindered with medical issues. After losing my dad I have had to deal with trying to declutter and downsize. When I moved to be with him we basically combined two households and I don't need all that stuff. It's a gradual process but I've been chipping away at it. My hope is that this time next year I will be able to move since there is nothing here for me any longer. I would love to return to Colorado, but a new place might be interesting. I used to plan everything in advance, but I've learned to take life one day at a time, and as long as I open my eyes in the morning it's a good day. Like sidsmom said, the possibilities of the future are exciting. I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Honored Contributor

Not if someone is going to get fresh with me.

Valued Contributor

I used to feel kind of sad when an old year ended, but not this time. As far back as last January, it's been a very tough year. Lots of health problems, and several deaths. I will be glad to, hopefully, start a new year. My decluttering downsizing has only been done in fits and starts, so that is a major goal for me this year. I am very sentimental, so it's not easy to get rid of things that I've always enjoyed. Happy New Year to All!

Honored Contributor

I am looking forward to 2015. Hoping the coming year is much better for my wife. She had more than her share of health issues. She will be retiring at the end of the coming week so that is certainly a good start to 2015. Our furry family and myself will be happy to have her home more with us, as will her "foster kids". 2015 will be a great year for me for sure.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

ITA OP - always nice to start a new year - all the possibilities.

Super Contributor

I hope to stick to it this year with the Home Storage Solutions 52 week decluttering efforts.

I am doing better at bringing less clutter/stuff into the house but still need to get rid of MORE. Giving stuff away . . . to daughter and one of her newly married friends . . . donating stuff . . . throwing stuff out . . . and even selling some on eBay and some bigger items on craigslist.

The house feels like a wreck right now. Oh well, the cold days of winter, I'll get the tree and other decorations down and everything put or stashed away this next week.

I've gained a few pounds, actually several pounds, back over the last 2-3 months so need to work hard at getting back down to around 130 although my ultimate goal is 127.

edit typo

Honored Contributor

With my newest knee in place and working well, I am planning to impress my FitBit with how many steps I can do.

Maybe the dog will lose a bit of weight, tooSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Looking forward with hopes, dreams, and good positive wishes for everyone. Peace.

Respected Contributor

I see the appeal of a new leaf, but mostly agree with an earlier post by Preds--every day is a gift and a new start.

Deep, I hope you don't post on here too sparingly--we need your dry sense of humor!