Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone else having trouble logging into aol mail?

wrote:

Yes, when you get the error message, try opening another tab. Worked for me!

Yes that's what I did  too.

Valued Contributor

My children scold me all the time for having AOL. But I have had it since the beginning of the internet and too set in my ways (and learning ) to change.

I too was having issues with my mail. Can someone kindly tell me how to clear cookies in the AOL browser. I am embarrassed to ask. I know how to clear cookies in other browsers but not AOL browser. I even googled and it said to go to Keyword and type in Browser settings - click go - go to clear my footprints. Only problem...........after typing in Browser settings it does not bring up the next step.

I'm having problems with the Q all the time! And of course their response is always clear your cookies. Done in other browsers - just don't know how with AOL browser.

Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

My children scold me all the time for having AOL. But I have had it since the beginning of the internet and too set in my ways (and learning ) to change.

I too was having issues with my mail. Can someone kindly tell me how to clear cookies in the AOL browser. I am embarrassed to ask. I know how to clear cookies in other browsers but not AOL browser. I even googled and it said to go to Keyword and type in Browser settings - click go - go to clear my footprints. Only problem...........after typing in Browser settings it does not bring up the next step.

I'm having problems with the Q all the time! And of course their response is always clear your cookies. Done in other browsers - just don't know how with AOL browser.

Thanks so much.

@QPrincess

I dont use AOL as a browser, but here's a YouTube video that might help you to clear your cookies. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+do+you+clear+cookies+in+aol+browser&oq=how+do+you+clear+cookies+...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have been using AOL for 25 years and have seen many changes.  They recently made another change  on December 15, 2017, and sent a notification back in November.

You can no longer sign into AOL from your PC using an older version of their program.  You now have to download a new app.  In addition, you must subscribe and pay a fee,  $5 a month, to use other AOL features as well as their desk top programming.  They have discontinued AIM too.

i can use my AOL mail for no charge by using the new app on my phone or iPad,  but I can no longer get into AOL by using the sign in screen on my desk top, nor can I read their news feed, etc. because I opted not to pay.

@Carmie- I still log in on my desktop as usual just from the aol homepage.  I don't have to pay a fee of any kind.  I know they offer some kind of optional extras, but it's never affected my or my DH's email accounts.  Have never downloaded any special app either.

QVC Customer Care