Honored Contributor

Anyone else get this message often?

REQUEST ENTITY TOO LARGE.

I get it when I sign in and when I  try to post... I have to try to figure out how to get around it.  I have no idea what it means.  It just blocks everything.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else get this message often?

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden, The "entity" is the data stream sent to the Q site by your browser.   It's not a website issue and usually the problem is one or more corrupt cookies on your device

The fix is to delete all browser cookies/cache, quit the browser and then relaunch it.   If that doesn't work you might need to delete Flash cookies (LSOs), associated with Adobe Flash, from your device.   (Also, in general, be sure to keep the browser software up-to-date and have a 2nd browser available if you find the one you're using is glitchy with the Q site.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I've never gotten that but I get the one about "Invalid HTML" quite a bit. I just hit enter again and it posts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I've never gotten that but I get the one about "Invalid HTML" quite a bit. I just hit enter again and it posts.

@YorkieonmyPillow, That one is related to the website.   It merely means the site software has checked the reply for certain code that might be harmful or problematic.    In this way the site is safer than the old platform was, because it checks for bad stuff (that's a technical term😜) embedded in the posts.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  I get that quite often!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@dooBdoo  I get that quite often!  Woman Surprised

So do I, @YorkieonmyPillow!    It's been a function of the new platform since its launch.   It definitely could be a wee bit more user-friendly in appearance.

Honored Contributor

I only get the Html error when I post something other than text.  I hit post a couple times and the post eventually posts.

Esteemed Contributor

I get one that says something about how my request could not be completed.

I guess that's better than the "An Error Has Occurred  An Error Has Occurred" one.  Reminds me of the computers at work.  A new person would freak out whenever an error message would show up that said "Fatal Error."  Those of use who'd worked there for awhile would just laugh and x-out of it.  They should have an air-raid siren go off with some of these error messages to add to the drama.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I get that all the time,what does it mean?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I only get this on my desk top computer. Not on my iPad . My desktop is  at least 10 years old....no more updates. That is probably why.