Trusted Contributor

Anyone been to a Taste of Home Cooking School event?

One is coming to my area in April and I love to cook and I get the magazine so I'm thinking it might be a fun night out.

Has  anyone attended? Was it fun and how much were the tickets? They aren't available yet and I can't find info on prices anywhere!

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone been to a Taste of Home Cooking School event?

sounds fun !!  I didn't know they had cooking classes or that they took their show on the road ..  Hope it comes down my way !!   I enjoy the cookbooks too and their magazines ...  I always find something fun to make ...

Esteemed Contributor

I've been going to the local event for the past several years.  It is fun and informative and if they are all run the same way there are lots and lots of giveaways including the major appliances used during the show and the food prepared. 

There are also gift bags that include coupons and samples, two or three Taste of Home magazines including one that follows the show providing the recipes and trinket items from local businesses.

The woman that hosts events in my region is hilarious and engages the audience throughout the show.

At the venue I attend tickets are $20 per person.  The show lasts about 2 to 2-1/2 hours.  IMO the show is well worth the cost.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Oh, it's a show.  I was thinking a hands-on cooking class.  Sounds fun.  

Honored Contributor

No, but it sounds like fun. Years ago, my aunt worked for Reiman Publishing and Taste of Home had a restaurant in Glendale, WI, where we had lunch. It was fun and I think a Taste of Home class would also be loads of fun.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.They sound like fun and $20 is cheap really!

I have girls night out tomorrow with ladies from my neighborhood so I'll let them all know and maybe we can all go

i was really expecting to here that tickets were $75 or more.

Valued Contributor

Marp described it perfectly.  I have gone with a girlfriend 3 times we loved it and would go again.  If you love the magazine you will have a wonderful day.

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness, I had no idea these existed and there is one coming to a town not too far from me!  I'm going to ask my friend if she would like to go, thanks for the head's up!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lynneuk wrote:

One is coming to my area in April and I love to cook and I get the magazine so I'm thinking it might be a fun night out.

Has  anyone attended? Was it fun and how much were the tickets? They aren't available yet and I can't find info on prices anywhere!

Thanks.

Hi Lynne, I don't know anything about it but I think you should do it!  They seem like a good company, look it up online to see if there are any reviews of the classes.

I took two sets of Wilton classes and loved it.  Not the same, I know, but I would take the TOH, too.

Trusted Contributor

I think so too Noel. Looks like a fun night out for $20!

Only negative is it is on a Tuesday night, a Friday or Saturday would be better but I'll make it work 😊