Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Not Cooking a Turkey?

We had grilled cheese sandwiches. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my house, Thanksgiving dinner wouldn't be Thanksgiving dinner without turkey.  My family is locked into following tradition. 

Esteemed Contributor

We had turkey and ham. The ham was the favorite! Honey glazed baby carrots, cut up roasted sweet potatoes, green beans with dill, pickled beets, fresh pineapple chunks, and baked apples for dessert. (Grandson is allergic to eggs, peanuts, treenuts, soy, and milk products.) 

Next year, it will be just turkey drumsticks since no one cares for the white meat anymore. Why haven't they mentioned that before? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I don't eat meat, I'm a whole food plant based vegan. That said, I made a couple of the dishes that I was considering for a potluck Christmas party I'm going to on Dec 3rd. I liked both of what I made, but I'm going with the less labor intensive one.

Honored Contributor

As I posted in another thread, we're having our daughter and family and serving a cheese plate; a nice big salad with cukes, radishes, and dried cranberries; veggie enchiladas in honor of our vegetarian granddaugher (Bon Appetit recipe), and homemade apple bundt cake with vanilla ice cream.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I did a plump, lemony roast chicken for us, since it was the three of us.  As much as I love turkey leftovers, they would have gone on for DAYS if we'd gotten a bigger bird.  But still did stuffing, cranberry sauce etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Not me--My son and I went to all you could eat and I am stuffed. He is all I have left of a family.

Honored Contributor

I had shrimp tacos.  Local grocery store does catering so I am going there tomorrow to pick up enough roasted turkey for a couple of turkey sandwiches - that is all I want.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never cooked a turkey. My family doesn't care for it. We usually have ham or a rotisserie chicken. This year, my sister and I ate out. No turkey.

Honored Contributor

My daughter and her family don't like turkey; they want ham.   I don't like ham.  So, she brings ham and I pick up a Boars Head pre-cooked turkey breast that you heat in the oven for about an hour.