Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Not Cooking a Turkey?

I'm a veggie head...I had curry bean soup and a green salad with a wonderful glass of wine.  

Trusted Contributor

We went out for dinner.

I was debating about actually ordering turkey or having something different, but I did end up ordering a turkey dinner. 

I love roast turkey and don't eat it that often.

It was so nice to have such a great meal like we had today. 

I usually cook for Thanksgiving, but this year I enjoyed eating out for a change. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

our daughter made a lovely ham with all the fixings. it was a first for us not having turkey. but the meal was delicious and we enjoyed the family time together.

Honored Contributor

We had ham. I sent a lot of it home with my daughter, and I still have heaps left, including a bone, I am going to make split pea soup with

YOu know, if you like turkey by all means have it. There are lots of other nice things to eat instead ,and nothing at all wrong with having a sandwich

I splurged a bit for me, and still had a blood sugar this AM of 138, so , what ever you decide, is what is best for you..We will be having grilled ham and cheese sandwiches today

Honored Contributor

My sister stopped by our house, but she went to a restaurant that was having a buffet.

I don't cook the turkey.  My husband does.  I just cleaned it and inserted butter under the skin.  We don't eat desert after a big meal, but my husband insisted.  So  I bought a pie (pumpkin) 

Respected Contributor

Just the two of us and while we both enjoy turkey, I have neoropathy in my hands so didn't want to stick DH with the whole thing.

Took a page from my sister's book (her family doesn't like turkey) and did a simpler version of her menu:  king crab legs, hashbrown casserole, roasted brussels sprouts, with a Marie Callendar pumpkin pie for dessert.  VERY good meal!

Denise
Honored Contributor

Not cooking anything for a crowd but will do a small turkey dinner for my family of 3---love turkey dinner anytime of year really---I go to my brothers house for dinner and take a few sides.

Respected Contributor

My husband and I are not big fans of turkey. Plus it's just the two of us so a turkey is just too big.

We usually alternate between chicken or ham. This year we had chicken.

Trusted Contributor

DH smoked a duck and skirt steak...I made vegan spanakopita for me as I eat plant based...DW

F3B2EFDF-3F8C-4F79-B5BA-5541196238B9.jpeg

Super Contributor

Turkey and dressing and ham for us with traditional sides, 3 pies and a cake for dessert. Christmas will be prime rib, beef tenderloin and another ham. Haven't yet decided about New Year's. That's generally a smaller group and I'm considering scallops.