Esteemed Contributor

Anyone Not Cooking a Turkey?

I'm not.

I'm cooking a pheasent.

It's still in the bird family.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Not Cooking a Turkey?

[ Edited ]

DH made Thanksgiving dinner and did make a turkey.  Turns out the fur babies totally, and most demonstrably, relished their turkey, LOL.

I have never eaten pheasant.  Enjoy!

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I'm not.

I'm cooking a pheasent.

It's still in the bird family.

Turkey here but your dinner choice sounds interesting.I have never even seen one in the store around here.

Honored Contributor

It's just the two of us, plus our puppy.  A turkey is too big for us, so SurfDaddy is grilling steak instead.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

We had a lovely dinner out  complete with pie.  Just us two also and our dog.

Contributor

Filet and crab cakes. Yum! Daughter and fiance going to his parents tonight for a turkey dinner so I didn't what to have to make them eat it twice. I'll cook my turkey tomorrow for sandwiches, etc. over the weekend. Really didn't miss the whole Thanksgiving dinner thing. After cooking and hosting for years it was nice to do something different. 

Frequent Contributor

SO was off today. First time in 8 years. We did Cracker Barrel turkey dinner and now just sitting around. No running around is kinda nice. 

Hope you enjoy your Pheasant. Happy Thanksgiving 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prime rib.  Not a fan of turkey and neither are guests.  Only thing I like about a turkey is the stuffing so we're having prime rib.  

Honored Contributor

We're having prime rib roast tonight. DH just got it set up in our Ronco rossitere.

For Christmas dinner we're having duck and for New Year's we'll be having crab cakes and butter/garlic/scampi jumbo shrimp.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a fan of Turkey and after years of cooking them I was sick of it.  It's just my husband and I now and we had been having roast stuffed poor for the past 5 - 6 years but this year we had a roast Chicken with all the sides.  Still a lot of work, my DH is out in the kitchen now cleaning up.