Valued Contributor

I noticed the bulging in the back last week-end and it seems as though she must be aware of it at times because, her tail movement is actively swiping across-out of the ordinary-

I guess that's why I thought she'd give birth last week-end-

Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

I noticed the bulging in the back last week-end and it seems as though she must be aware of it at times because, her tail movement is actively swiping across-out of the ordinary-

I guess that's why I thought she'd give birth last week-end-

I noticed it then too, but it seems to be bulging more to me.....may be just wishful thinking, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Good thing that doesn't happen to us-we'd be in the ER having it removed-LOL!

Poor little girl-I bet it is bulging more-

Esteemed Contributor

3/29 Evening Update

"Taco Induction"

Keep on laughing! Our sense of humor has kept us sane throughout this entire process! Tonight, I will share with you Dr Tim's report to his following friends and colleagues.

"Ok Gang... if you have been watching today, you should start getting excited... we are seeing almost all the signs of birth happening within the coming days... of course, my schedule is crazy for the next few days so naturally, we will pick the worst time possible. Hah. In an effort to speed things along I am launching "Operation Taco Induction"... let's see what happens. (Not in Labor...) yet. - disclaimer - she didn't actually get a taco. I'm not ridiculous."

Keepers report continued discharge and mammary development. Appetite was off this morning - back this evening!

Never miss a beat by subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClnQCgFa9lCBL-KXZMOoO9Q

Also, stay connected to all things April through her site - www.ApriltheGiraffe.com

Now is not the time to loose the link or miss an update!

Rest with one eye open tonight!
Thank you all!

Image may contain: food

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp thanks for the update! That is a healthy taco!  April's face is so precious...I can't take it!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

3/30 Morning Update

Like many of you, we spent the evening watching our April. She continues to progress. Mammary development stays remains as filled udders, and will likely not get much Larger. Discharge continues to be present. Appetite is so - so this morning.

We continue calf countdown.

Www.aprilthegiraffe.com

Will have you links to the cam, updates, the online store and more.

Like our Facebook and subscribe to YouTube for any official announcements that need be made.

Giraffe Factoid: We've got Heart

The giraffe heart is approx 25lbs; a powerful muscle to send blood up to the head.

Image may contain: one or more people

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody watching April

[ Edited ]

April, April!  You are teaching us humans how to be pacient which is a good thing.  But we are leading very busy lives, but we love you and are all eager to greet your baby so we will stay with you as long as we can.  Good luck with the delivery!

Thanks @Marp.   Thanks for the update.   I was not able to log on until now.  Don't know what was wrong.  Was glad that I hadn't missed anything.

Happy continued watching everyone!

Honored Contributor

April is very sluggest today.

Also noticed her pen floor is cleaner than usual...not much food or poop on the floor.

In labor?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anybody watching April

[ Edited ]

She seems to be lifting her tail more too...lol who knows?  DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman wrote:

She sets to be lifting her tail more too...lol who knows?  DW

Yea, I also noticed that tail lifting.  Now staying in that arc position.  I think the "end is near."

I have now shifted to full screen mode.  I have a 30" screen. Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif