Date: Tuesday March 21, 2017

Time: 3:43 a.m.

Still no calf.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Date: Tuesday March 21, 2017

Time: 3:43 a.m.

Still no calf.

@Plaid Pants2- I woke up at 3:00 and grabbed my ipad.  Watched for about 20 minutes.  Woke up again at 6:00 and looked at it again.  And now have it on the ipad....for the day.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I guess my curiosity gene is not working, lol.  I didn't even connect the name April with the pregnant giraffe.  Not curious, no.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

3/21 Morning Update

Not much to note is changes over night, however, we encourage you to compare today's belly size to even a week ago, to see just how far we have come! We would like to think we are in the home stretch - but of course keep our opinions and thoughts to ourselves (as we have been wrong before).

This morning around 10 am - we will be moving enrichment items into camera view for our guests to see some of the activity that keeps our giraffes' interest. We replaced older items thank to your contributions! Boat Buoys and bumpers are not inexpensive!

Anytime we change or alter something in their giraffes' space - you will see their curiosity come to life. With this curious trait, we bring forward our caution. Giraffes can and do get themselves into trouble with eir curious nature which can prove fatal. We will watch these new enrichment items the next few days to ensure they are in fact "Giraffe Proof".

Giraffe Factoid of the Day:

Giraffes can go longer without a drink than camels!
They get most of their water from their plant-based diet—which is good considering their height makes the process of drinking difficult and makes them vulnerable!

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

Morning-!

Put her on in the bedroom when I went to sleep-watched until she settled herself in-

Poor little girl-its apparent shes uncomfortable-

Honored Contributor

The guy putting up the enrichment things looked so tiny next to April.  And Oliver got excited when he hung those buoys. April was so interested, love how brave she is.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

yum - new eats!

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 10.20.06 AM.png

Valued Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

The guy putting up the enrichment things looked so tiny next to April.  And Oliver got excited when he hung those buoys. April was so interested, love how brave she is.

I know!  I mentioned to my husband yesterday that she looked tiny-then we watched the vet next to her and we were like, ahhhh maybe not so tiny!

I wish I could shake my worrisome nature -

Yes, she's a curious one-

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody watching April

[ Edited ]

@silentgirl wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

I know!  I mentioned to my husband yesterday that she looked tiny-then we watched the vet next to her and we were like, ahhhh maybe not so tiny!

I wish I could shake my worrisome nature -

Yes, she's a curious one-

@silentgirl, can you just imagine being in there with either of them... So majestic!  Knowing ole soft hearted me, I'd be crying tears of joy!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee