Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody Watching Resurrection?

On 3/10/2014 qvcaddition said:

Try to watch with an open mind.

If it becomes interesting, I will watch it. There are many so-called good programs that I don't watch because they are not interesting to me. A religious theme would not interest me. No offense meant and I hope not taken.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Occasional Contributor

Watched the French series a couple of months back and it was much better. They have ""Americanized"" this version for the viewing public. French one was more suspensfull and mysterious. See this one if you can.

Esteemed Contributor

OK.

Respected Contributor

Watched last night and enjoyed it. Plan to continue, at least for the time being.

Did not catch the idea that the Rev. was someone else? I did see that he was the friend of the little boy, now grown up, but did not seem to recognize the boy?

Liked the bit at the end, where "another one" showed up -- the man in the shed.

Lots of questions. I hope they can continue the suspense without boring us.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

We love SiFi! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} This new show could be fun and I like the actors.

I got the feeling the resurrections will be confined to people from that one area, which would leave out Hitler, etc.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Hunter123 said:

Watched the French series a couple of months back and it was much better. They have "Americanized" this version for the viewing public. French one was more suspensfull and mysterious. See this one if you can.

I, too, watched the French series, The Returned/Les Revenants, and really loved it. I agree it was more suspenseful and mysterious (as well as "moody") than this version, but I have to say I did like the first episode of this series enough to watch the next one.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

Watched last night and enjoyed it. Plan to continue, at least for the time being.

Did not catch the idea that the Rev. was someone else? I did see that he was the friend of the little boy, now grown up, but did not seem to recognize the boy?

Yes, the boy didn't realize the pastor/reverend was his childhood friend all grown up. And the pastor/reverend looked startled because he didn't recognize the boy as his friend from 32 years ago.

eta: Also, the man in the shed is the "deceased" father of the sister and brother, (can't remember if they said it was 15 years ago when he passed away or the sister was 15 when her father died).

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

On 3/10/2014 i like celery said:

Yes, the boy didn't realize the pastor/reverend was his childhood friend all grown up. And the pastor/reverend looked startled because he didn't recognize the boy as his friend from 32 years ago.

eta: Also, the man in the shed is the "deceased" father of the sister and brother, (can't remember if they said it was 15 years ago when he passed away or the sister was 15 when her father died).

Thanks for the clarification on that. I was thinking the guy was her deceased husband the way she was hugging him. Seems like they need to make things a bit more clear or the story line gets confusing.
Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 3/10/2014 i like celery said:

Thanks for the clarification on that. I was thinking the guy was her deceased husband the way she was hugging him. Seems like they need to make things a bit more clear or the story line gets confusing.

She called him "Dad," gazelle. There was a lot to follow though, that's for sure.

I mentioned the phone thing to DH and he said most likely a couple of days had passed since the boy was found in the rice paddy, and probably someone had shown him how to work the phone during that time.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Regular Contributor

The man who came out of the barn (girl's father) is the same man who hitched a ride. He told the driver who picked him up, he had a boy in that town who he was going to see. He also showed up at the boy's house, just before the boy ran into the woods. Anyone remember that?