Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody Watching Resurrection?

On 3/10/2014 anisa said:

The man who came out of the barn (girl's father) is the same man who hitched a ride. He told the driver who picked him up, he had a boy in that town who he was going to see. He also showed up at the boy's house, just before the boy ran into the woods. Anyone remember that?

I do remember that. I thought he said he had a kid he was going to see. He looked a little scary but maybe he was just walking by.

And isn't the guy who was freaking out at the barn the brother of the young woman who's his daughter? I thought they were both his.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Regular Contributor

On 3/10/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 3/10/2014 anisa said:

The man who came out of the barn (girl's father) is the same man who hitched a ride. He told the driver who picked him up, he had a boy in that town who he was going to see. He also showed up at the boy's house, just before the boy ran into the woods. Anyone remember that?

I do remember that. I thought he said he had a kid he was going to see. He looked a little scary but maybe he was just walking by.

And isn't the guy who was freaking out at the barn the brother of the young woman who's his daughter? I thought they were both his.

Coincidence that he was walking by the kid's house. I think they are connected in some way, since they both came back from death. I thought the freaking out guy was her brother or husband. The men didn't connect though.

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 3/10/2014 i like celery said:
On 3/10/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

Watched last night and enjoyed it. Plan to continue, at least for the time being.

Did not catch the idea that the Rev. was someone else? I did see that he was the friend of the little boy, now grown up, but did not seem to recognize the boy?

Liked the bit at the end, where "another one" showed up -- the man in the shed.

Lots of questions. I hope they can continue the suspense without boring us.

Yes, the boy didn't realize the pastor/reverend was his childhood friend all grown up. And the pastor/reverend looked startled because he didn't recognize the boy as his friend from 32 years ago.

eta: Also, the man in the shed is the "deceased" father of the sister and brother, (can't remember if they said it was 15 years ago when he passed away or the sister was 15 when her father died).

Thanks for the clarification on that. I was thinking the guy was her deceased husband the way she was hugging him. Seems like they need to make things a bit more clear or the story line gets confusing.

You're welcome. :-) Do you remember when the doctor and the woman (the same woman who later was at the shed with her brother) were having a conversation earlier in the episode? The woman and doctor are friends, and the doctor was telling the woman about what she had just experienced at the hospital with the boy, and how it seemed impossible it could be the same boy who had died 32 years ago. They also started talking about the friend's father who had passed away (I think when she was 15), and the doctor mentioned something about how at least the friend had 15 years with her dad, as she (the doctor) never got to know her mom. If you remember, the doctor's mom is the woman who fell into the river 32 years ago. Also, the woman who fell into the river is the boy's aunt, which makes the doctor and the boy cousins. The doctor was the baby shown in the stroller/carriage by the river. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 anisa said:
On 3/10/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 3/10/2014 anisa said:

Coincidence that he was walking by the kid's house. I think they are connected in some way, since they both came back from death. I thought the freaking out guy was her brother or husband. The men didn't connect though.

The "dad" put his hand on the brother's shoulder but I had the feeling the brother had problems.

Did anyone else think the same thing?

Respected Contributor

Noel, I thought when they first showed him earlier in the episode that he may be mentally challenged. Do you remember when the doctor came over to the brother and sister's house to talk? The brother was the person who answered the door. I remember in the way the sister was interacting with the brother that he seemed he may have some challenges.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I will be sticking with Good Wife!!!

Super Contributor

I am really getting confused now.......
Respected Contributor

gazelle, See if you can watch it again On-Demand or maybe it will be re-run. :-)

---------------------

I think someone asked earlier if Resurrection is the same as the French series, The Returned, and I would say that while Resurrection has the same overall theme as the French series, the characters and story lines are different -- so far. Some of the characters are a little similar - in the French series, there is a young boy, nurse, chief law officer, and priest who are prominent characters, but different from the young boy, doctor, pastor/reverend, and sheriff in this series. As another poster mentioned, the French series was more mysterious, suspenseful (and I would add a little "moody"), but I liked the first episode of this series. I'm curious to see what the major story lines will be.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 i like celery said:

Noel, I thought when they first showed him earlier in the episode that he may be mentally challenged. Do you remember when the doctor came over to the brother and sister's house to talk? The brother was the person who answered the door. I remember in the way the sister was interacting with the brother that he seemed he may have some challenges.

Me, too Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 3/10/2014 qvcaddition said:

Try to watch with an open mind.

If it becomes interesting, I will watch it. There are many so-called good programs that I don't watch because they are not interesting to me. A religious theme would not interest me. No offense meant and I hope not taken.

I did not see a real religious theme. I think the title Resurrection is deceiving in that respect.

It is fiction, not a documentary. I think it's going to be more like a version of X Files without the aliens and such.

Those are just my perceptions from the first episode. I could be way off, but it held my attention, so i will be watching.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines