Honored Contributor

Re: Any issues buying from Overstock?

@Janey2 wrote:

Yes. They sent the item I ordered but in the wrong color. Called and they said to send it back. I told them since it was their fault I was not taking the item to the post office (or ups I forgot which) as it was a big box item. They said they would pick it up, just not know when. I did not want to leave the purchase out for days so I argued with them and they finally narrowed the time for pick up to a day. This was an exchange for the color I originally wanted. The item they sent was the wrong color AGAIN.. I bought the item for a few dollars more on another site and received the correct color. Not a good experience.

This is one reason that I prefer businesses that will not give any such trouble -- Amazon, Wayfair, Target, and some others are easy to deal with when it comes to returns, whether it was their fault or not.

I guess it's okay if the price difference is so much better, but I've not noticed amazing prices whenever I've checked out Overstock.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone!!

I placed my order...supposed to arrive Friday...

Honored Contributor

It's great if you're 100% sure about an item. Returning anything is a costly hassle 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

It's great if you're 100% sure about an item. Returning anything is a costly hassle 

I agree. I paid a ridiculous price to return some curtains but it was better than keeping something I didn't want. At least I received some money back. They sent me a survey asking whether or not I would shop with them again and I said no due their refund policy.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a sofa on a Monday and had it Friday, free shipping and returns--think it was just before Memorial Day -----so far so good

Respected Contributor

I have ordered several paintings and never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I saw a decorative Garden Bridge that I am in love with for my garden. I checked Amazon, Wayfair, Walmart and Home Depot...

Overstock has if for 40.00 cheaper and free shipping too.

I've never dealt with them before and I was thinking it might be better to spend the extra 40.00 at Amazon and have no hassles....

Anyone purchase from them lately?

@Nataliesgramma 

I bought a runner rug from Overstock awhile back, everything went smoothly regarding the transaction.....but I was a bit disappointed in the quality...the Walmart Better Homes rug that I had before was better quality, but I kept it...I would have ordered from Walmart again, but the colors they now carry didnt go with my color scheme...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse 

It just depends on the retailer, some places are great dealing with order mixups.... I ordered a shower curtain from Collections Etc and got a knife set by mistake, when I called them they told me to keep the knife set and they would send out my shower curtain right away....that knife set has turned out to be one of my favorite kitchen tools... Woman Very Happy.....And I got the shower curtain in a couple of days....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I had to return broken nightstands no problem. But when I was reading over their return policy it looks like they don't give full refunds if it's just buyers remorse or you don't like it. So be aware and make sure you really like it.

Regular Contributor

Ordered from Overstock about a month ago for the first time-big order as it was patio table and chairs. The table was perfect but the chairs were a mess, mostly mismatched pieces, seemed to be someone else's return.  Contacted CS and they sent out another set immediately and picked up the other set as well.  No problems.  It is a beautiful patio set and I just made another large purchase from them.  I cannot say enough about their CS department-they were one of the best I've eve dealt with.