Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,865
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Any flight attendants here?

Screenshot_2019-09-07 Woman Spotted Taking Her Miniature Service Horse on a Flight to Chicago.png

 

 

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/flirty-miniature-service-horse-american-airlines-flight

************************************
If your sentence starts out with "NO OFFENSE, BUT..." it is likely to offend and better left unsaid.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,462
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

Re: Any flight attendants here?

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine45 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

 

i posted a photo of the horse earlier in the thread. it is definitely smaller than a regular horse, but still pretty large for airplane travel.

is that horse just going to hang out in the aisle because it surely isnt going to sit in a seat or go under a seat.

they dont even let you hold your purse when taking off.....it has to be stored under the seat or in the bulkhead. they want you to keep your seatbelts fastened for everyones security, but the horse will be just hanging out?

 

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights#Airline%20Safety-and-Security

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No, the minature hore is not going to sit in a seat.

 

Horses don't sit that way.

 

 

 

 

The miniature horse will not be in the aisle.

 

 

The miniature horse will be standing between the front of your legs, and the back of the seat in front of you.

 

 

 

And it goes without saying that the person wouldn't be stowing the miniature horse underneath the seat in front of them, let alone puttng them in the overhead bin.

 

 

How ridiculous!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,462
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

Re: Any flight attendants here?


@Sunshine45 wrote:

Screenshot_2019-09-07 Woman Spotted Taking Her Miniature Service Horse on a Flight to Chicago.png

 

 

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/flirty-miniature-service-horse-american-airlines-flight


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Awwwww! It looked like Flirty was falling asleep! How cute!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,865
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Any flight attendants here?

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Sunshine45 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

 

i posted a photo of the horse earlier in the thread. it is definitely smaller than a regular horse, but still pretty large for airplane travel.

is that horse just going to hang out in the aisle because it surely isnt going to sit in a seat or go under a seat.

they dont even let you hold your purse when taking off.....it has to be stored under the seat or in the bulkhead. they want you to keep your seatbelts fastened for everyones security, but the horse will be just hanging out?

 

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights#Airline%20Safety-and-Security

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No, the minature hore is not going to sit in a seat.

 

Horses don't sit that way.

 

 

 

 

The miniature horse will not be in the aisle.

 

 

The miniature horse will be standing between the front of your legs, and the back of the seat in front of you.

 

 

 

And it goes without saying that the person wouldn't be stowing the miniature horse underneath the seat in front of them, let alone puttng them in the overhead bin.

 

 

How ridiculous!


 

 

 

@Anonymous032819 

 

looks like there was no seat in front of the horse and the woman, but a curtain that separates the first class with the coach. it seems as if the horse was bumping into those first class seats, particularly during take off and landing. the poor horse was in a cramped space on the plane. not much fun for poor flirty.

 

(no, i did not expect them to put a horse in a seat or under a seat......just mentioned that because they do not allow a traveler anything in front of you during the takeoff and landing.....not even a purse.....for safety reasons.)

 

i am glad the woman realized that this was not the best way for the horse to travel and will only be doing it in an "emergency" situation.

************************************
If your sentence starts out with "NO OFFENSE, BUT..." it is likely to offend and better left unsaid.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,462
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

Re: Any flight attendants here?

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine45 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Sunshine45 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

 

i posted a photo of the horse earlier in the thread. it is definitely smaller than a regular horse, but still pretty large for airplane travel.

is that horse just going to hang out in the aisle because it surely isnt going to sit in a seat or go under a seat.

they dont even let you hold your purse when taking off.....it has to be stored under the seat or in the bulkhead. they want you to keep your seatbelts fastened for everyones security, but the horse will be just hanging out?

 

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights#Airline%20Safety-and-Security

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No, the minature hore is not going to sit in a seat.

 

Horses don't sit that way.

 

 

 

 

The miniature horse will not be in the aisle.

 

 

The miniature horse will be standing between the front of your legs, and the back of the seat in front of you.

 

 

 

And it goes without saying that the person wouldn't be stowing the miniature horse underneath the seat in front of them, let alone puttng them in the overhead bin.

 

 

How ridiculous!


 

 

 

@Anonymous032819 

 

looks like there was no seat in front of the horse and the woman, but a curtain that separates the first class with the coach. it seems as if the horse was bumping into those first class seats, particularly during take off and landing. the poor horse was in a cramped space on the plane. not much fun for poor flirty.

 

(no, i did not expect them to put a horse in a seat or under a seat......just mentioned that because they do not allow a traveler anything in front of you during the takeoff and landing.....not even a purse.....for safety reasons.)

 

i am glad the woman realized that this was not the best way for the horse to travel and will only be doing it in an "emergency" situation.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But contrary to what people feared, Flirty was not freaking out, he was not bucking, he was not kicking, he was not rearing up. 

 

 

In fact, he was quite calm, and looked like he was even falling asleep.

 

 

 

That's more well behaved then a lot of people, kids, and, dare I say, other animals.

 

 

 

The evidence in the video of how calm and well behaved he was, speaks for itself.

 

 

 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎02-07-2019

Re: Any flight attendants here?

Yes, I’m a flight attendant. No, we don’t clean up after the horse. Yes, it’s stressful for the animal and the pax. As odd as it sounds, it’s better to have them in the cabin than down in cargo. I flew the DC-10 for years and we had access to cargo from the lower lobe galley. We used to go back and check on the animals. 😊 It is loud and dark and cold (there’s heat, of course, but not like the cabin). There are websites where people can get falsified documents for their ‘ESAN’. It seems there’s always a way around the system.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,318
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Any flight attendants here?

 

 

          Q. How much do Miniature Horses weigh?

A. An average adult may weigh between 150-250 pounds.

 

No Miniature Horse shall exceed 34 inches in height.

 

The Purebred Great Dane

 

Height, Weight

Height: Males 30 - 34 inches (76 - 86 cm) Females 28 - 32 inches (71 - 81 cm)
Weight: Males 120 - 200 pounds (54 - 90 kg) Females 100 - 130 pounds (45 - 59 kg)
Dogs of even larger size are more prized.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Being perfect must be a heavy burden.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,462
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

Re: Any flight attendants here?


@Marp wrote:

 

 

          Q. How much do Miniature Horses weigh?

A. An average adult may weigh between 150-250 pounds.

 

No Miniature Horse shall exceed 34 inches in height.

 

The Purebred Great Dane

 

Height, Weight

Height: Males 30 - 34 inches (76 - 86 cm) Females 28 - 32 inches (71 - 81 cm)
Weight: Males 120 - 200 pounds (54 - 90 kg) Females 100 - 130 pounds (45 - 59 kg)
Dogs of even larger size are more prized.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There are humans who weigh more than a miniature horse.

 

 

 

 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,865
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Any flight attendants here?

just an interesting note about FLIRTY......

 

he has his own instagram page with 12K+ followers.

 

he is a brand rep for  patchwork and paws.

 

he has a facebook page also with 5K followers.

 

FLIRTY is in training as a service animal.

 

 

************************************
If your sentence starts out with "NO OFFENSE, BUT..." it is likely to offend and better left unsaid.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,964
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Any flight attendants here?

 


@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I think people are thinking that the airlines are allowing full size horses, the size of Secretariat on board.

 

 

A miniature horse ( and the key word here is "miniature") can be no more than 38 inches tall at the shoulder.

 

That is a scant over 3 feet.

 

A yard.

 

And I have seen miniature horses that were more well behaved than some yappy ankle biting toy dogs.

 

"Kick out a window"?

 

Please.

 

People are acting like the miniature horse is going to go galloping up and down the aisle.

 

 

 

I don't think very many people have actually seen a miniature horse up close and personal before, and therefore are unaware of what a can and cannot do.

 

Here's an article that talks about miniature horses, and how docile they actually are.

 

https://www.canidae.com/blog/2012/01/guide-horses-for-blind/

 

 


@Anonymous032819.  According to the American Miniature Horse Assoc., the mini should be 34 inches or less at. the shoulder.  I used to have a "yard stick" I was given at a mini horse show that was 34"long.

 

I had a co-worker whose family raised minis in Odessa, Tx.  I loved to visit when the had a new baby, holding it in my lap.  I found these horses to be unusually sweet tempered unlike Shetland ponies.  Stull they are horses and have the common characteristics of all horses.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment