Honored Contributor

Re: Another question about Facebook

@Mindy D wrote:

I went to my FB account and followed  the advice of someone to unfollow people that were in my Friends listing, that were not my friends. They said to do this rather than block the people. I only left the few family members that are friends. I am not sure how these other people got listed as friends. Maybe there was something I was supposed to do that I didn't. I only go to FB if I get an email from FB about a post from the few family members that might need to reach out to the whole family quickly in the event of an emergency. This has happened. I really never use the account otherwise. I did not set up my FB account. My niece and husband set it up years ago when my husband got a new phone and my niece worked for a phone company. 

The main point of this post.
Here's my question. I saw that my email address can be available for others to see. I don't want this. Do you keep your email address available for others to view or do you take it down? I want to just remove it. All my family and friends already have it and anyone else I really know could get it from one of them.

Do I just remove the email address that's there for others to see? I had no idea this was even there. My BIL uses Messenger. The choices in removing email include allow just friends to see it. I'd like that down too, since most of these people are not friends. If I do take this email down, will it stop my BIL from sending a message via Messenger? The messages he send are songs he's playing on guitar and we do want to hear those.

you need to go into privacy settings and look around, youtube can help you navigate there

Honored Contributor

I found the spot to remove the email so that only I can see it. Thank you all for your help.

Honored Contributor

Go to your facebook settings! You can restrict access to almost everything if you want. 

I have blocked my email, phone, and a lot of info on fb. I didn't complete all the profile questions because I don't want it out there. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  from what I know, no one can see your email address but FB. Could you imagine how many emails I would have gotten from friends if that were possible?

FB is the one sending emails if they think you are interested in something that your friend did, plus it comes in your notifications also.

Friends can see your date of birth unless you put a lock on it which is what I did so only FB can see that but they can't announce it. Got tired of Birthday wishes every year.