Super Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss of Buddy. I know how you are hurting as I lost a kitty just a couple of months ago. Such sweet little furry beings. Take care.

Honored Contributor

Blessings to you!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I'm very sorry for your loss, demitra.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry! It always hurts to lose a kitty. No experience with FeLuk, but we had a 6 y/o cat die from very sudden liver failure a few years ago. When you know cats can easily live to be 15 or so, it just makes it worse.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry about your kitty d e m I t r a

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sad} We just lost our clubber spaniel Sandy a few days ago she was 17 years old but, we only rescued her less then two years ago. I found her laying in her usual spot I thought she was sleeping but, when I tried to wake her I could not get her to wake up. Her heart just stopped and she died peacefully in her sleep. I am so sorry for your loss O/P that is a terrible disease.

Respected Contributor

Please take solace in knowing that we've all been through this way too many times, and that we know exactly how you feel. Buddy knew he was loved and as you mentioned, they had a wonderful life with you. That's the most important part. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

(((demitra))), I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Buddy. Everyone who has experienced the loss of a dear furry family member knows the incredible joy they bring to us and the deep pain we feel when they're gone. My condolences to all of you who have said goodbye.

~~~~~~

I Loved You Best

"So this is where we part, my friend,
And you’ll run on, around the bend,
Gone from sight, but not from mind,
New pleasures there you’ll surely find.
I will go on, I’ll find the strength,
Life measures quality, not its length.
One long embrace before you leave,
Share one last look, before I grieve.
There are others, that much is true,
But they be they, and they aren’t you.
And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
Will remember well all you’ve taught.
Your place I’ll hold, you will be missed,
The fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest,
Take with you this … I loved you best."
Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor
Thank all of you so very much for the kind words. Those sweet poems really hit home. Yes, Buddy had a wonderful home, the apple of our eyes. We also have a small dog (age 11) that became great pals with both cats over the years. When Buddy started getting sick, we could tell that the dog realized it. He never tried to play chase or wrestle him. They were so cute together and we called them brothers. Lol. Again, thank you for your words of comfort and understanding. Demitra
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of the death of your cat(s). It is heartbreaking, I know fron experience. We rescued two kitties, Noah and Isaiah from our neighborhood on very snowy, cold winter. We tried for days to get them in our house. We put a little house out for them, wouldn't use it, but food and water out, and we could see them eat it. They were about six or eight months old.

We finally got them in with tuna, another story. They were wonderful boys. We found out Isaiah had feline leukemia right away, but our other cats had been vaccinated already. He was a beautiful, long haired white boy. My DH and our vet kept him going about three years too, and then no more.

It's very tough, as you know. We still have the other one, Noah. He has diabetes now and gets insulin shots twice daily.

We love them hard, and we ache when they're gone. (((HUGS))))))) to you for the hurt in your heart.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".