Super Contributor
On 8/27/2014 happy housewife said:

Whom on earth would allow someone who is "forgetful" to fly alone and then not even take her to the gate to assure she gets on the flight. This is NOT the airlines or the airport's fault - it was the responsibility of the family.

Unless you are a ticketed passenger, you cannot take another passenger to the gate.

Super Contributor

I would have gotten on the plane with my Mom. The daughter obviously didn't care enough. Not that it excuses the airport skycap who should be fired, yeah, that's right fired.

Honored Contributor
On 8/27/2014 ivanatrump said:

Whom on earth would allow someone who is "forgetful" to fly alone and then not even take her to the gate to assure she gets on the flight. This is NOT the airlines or the airport's fault - it was the responsibility of the family.

Unless you are a ticketed passenger, you cannot take another passenger to the gate.

With extenuating circumstances you can (unaccompanied minor, passenger in a wheelchair, etc.) It just requires effort, and the daughter didn't want to do it. She dropped her off at the curb.

Honored Contributor

It was up to the daughters to see their mom was taken care of. It's mostly the fault of the first daughter who just dropped her off, but I also find fault with whoever said they would make sure she got on the plane and just dumped her.

Personally, I never left it up to anyone else to make sure my mother was OK.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Security is supposed to be alerted by folks just standing/sitting around in one spot. Seems to me, anyway. They always tell us to report suspicious items and persons, dilly-dallying in one spot, alone. Well, hopefully security will be on the alert from now on. This is a security problem, not to mention the daughters not having a caregiver along on the flight. Maybe Mom should carry a small alarm. And a phone to call her daughters and/or airlines.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor
On 8/27/2014 MJ 12 said:
On 8/27/2014 ivanatrump said:

With extenuating circumstances you can (unaccompanied minor, passenger in a wheelchair, etc.) It just requires effort, and the daughter didn't want to do it. She dropped her off at the curb.

My mother visits me once or twice a year. I go in and wait until they wheel her through security. Granted the airport is no where near the size of Newark. I can basically see all the gates from the mainly lobby. Last time the delta rep asked if I wanted to go and sit in the gate with her. I had no idea it was possible, but apparently it is.