Honored Contributor

Re: Another 90+ degree day. Counting down to autumn.

Love, love, this type of weather.  It's the only time I use an "outdoor" pool.  I swim every day.

Me---> Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at Fri, Jul 15, 2016-3.36.29 PM.pngSmiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I agree. I am in Georgia and we are having 97 degree weather with high humidity.  I am miserable and the AC doesn't seem to be able to keep up with is either.  We will have this until October...hate it!

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

I am so with you. I hate to wish away a season but I am home sick with strep throat and a sinus infection and so this heat wave is not helping matters.

Besides Fall is my favorite season!

Esteemed Contributor

We are in Arizona and so far we have had I think 20 days of over 110 degrees with more to come. Won't cool down below 100 until late October. Sick of the heat but fortunately we don't go outside much. Only to go from an air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned buildings. 

Respected Contributor

I love summer but even this is too darn hot! I hope it moderates after next week.

Can NOT stand winter so I'll make the best of this now. The longer days do wonders for energy levels but the heat is sapping it. Pfftt.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

Well, it's too late for me to find a rich old guy to take me any place Woman LOL

Good luck to you!

Normally, Maryland is a very moderate climate.  This summer, however, it's just too darn hot.

My deam home is here and I don't want to leave -- not even sure where I would go.  I grew up near St. Louis and it is hot and humid there too. 

I hated it as a child and that never changed.

It just sucks the life out of you.

Yes, I hated the heat and humidity when I was growing up on Long Island, NY.  BUT I LOVE the beach (still do!!!) and I would go there all the time in summer and I wouldn't mind it because of the water and the breeze (well, sometimes there was a breeze lol)

I live inland now in the midwest and I hate it.  Yes, I hate it.  Except for a couple weeks in Spring (if we're lucky) and maybe another couple in the Fall, the weather is dreadful.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Honored Contributor

Too bad Mick Jagger is currently taken or I'd hit him up.

But I guess I'd be too old for him.

Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty

I could not deal with that kind of heat.  Yes, I know it's dry.

But it's like a blow torch!

One June we were in Vegas celebrating a friend's birthday.  We took several side trips and one was to the Grand Canyon and Lake Meade.  It was 115 both days.  It was just unreal.  I could hardly function.  My skin and nasal passages took months to recover when we got home.

I do not know how people survive those temps and dry heat.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm in heat wave territory also.  But I keep reminding myself that at least I don't have to shovel anything!

You don't have to shovel sunshine😎  even though I live in AK, I don't have to shovel snow anymore, and when weathers bad, I don't go out.  The long, dark winters are not for me though...hopefully, a milder climate is in my future🔮

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac

I envy that you enjoy it.  Must be glorious for you.

Love that you swim every day!

So, you are in heaven right now!