Respected Contributor

Re: Another 90+ degree day. Counting down to autumn.

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm in heat wave territory also.  But I keep reminding myself that at least I don't have to shovel anything!

You don't have to shovel sunshine😎  even though I live in AK, I don't have to shovel snow anymore, and when weathers bad, I don't go out.  The long, dark winters are not for me though...hopefully, a milder climate is in my future🔮

I should say that after living in AZ, the cool summer days and nights are a pleasure, but the summer season is so short...give and take...

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  Maybe we want to live in Camelot!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I know some people adore summer and the hot weather.

I'm not one of them.  I'm in Maryland and it we are expecting over 10 days in a row above 90.  Can I admit that I just hate it? 

Normally, I try to make the best of any weather, but when it is this hot, I just feel like a dishrag.  I spend some time outside in the early morning, go to the gym, then stay inside most of the day.  So, I really cannot complain.

Truth be told, I hate any weather extreme.  It makes me very anxious for some reason. 

Yes, I know there are bigger things to worry about and, for that, I'm truly sorry.  I just want to heat to go away.  Don't know how folks endure even hotter temps, even when the air is dry. 

I totally agree with you @Witchy Woman .  After a freezing cold winter, I always look forward to the warmth of spring and summer, but in late June & July, I can't wait for the fall to arrive with cooler temps.  My ideal temperature would be around 75 & low humidity.

Honored Contributor

We only have 71 today, but if the other day it was the 90's...If I had a pool, I'd be in it under the water. A pool would be great!!!

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

We are in Arizona and so far we have had I think 20 days of over 110 degrees with more to come. Won't cool down below 100 until late October. Sick of the heat but fortunately we don't go outside much. Only to go from an air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned buildings. 

Been there, done that...enjoyed the pool immensely when temps were unbearable.  Miss the pool🏊

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

Well, it's too late for me to find a rich old guy to take me any place Woman LOL

Good luck to you!

Normally, Maryland is a very moderate climate.  This summer, however, it's just too darn hot.

My deam home is here and I don't want to leave -- not even sure where I would go.  I grew up near St. Louis and it is hot and humid there too. 

I hated it as a child and that never changed.

It just sucks the life out of you.

Yes, I hated the heat and humidity when I was growing up on Long Island, NY.  BUT I LOVE the beach (still do!!!) and I would go there all the time in summer and I wouldn't mind it because of the water and the breeze (well, sometimes there was a breeze lol)

I live inland now in the midwest and I hate it.  Yes, I hate it.  Except for a couple weeks in Spring (if we're lucky) and maybe another couple in the Fall, the weather is dreadful.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What area on Long Island did you grow up in?  I lived on the north shore, mid island for 9 yrs.  Originally from Westchester County, NY.  I also moved from NY to Chicago many moons ago, but remember the winters were bitter cold and the summers were as brutally hot and humid...really friendly and nice people in IL.

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Maybe we want to live in Camelot!

I think we should leave tonite!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Love, love, this type of weather.  It's the only time I use an "outdoor" pool.  I swim every day.

Me---> Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at Fri, Jul 15, 2016-3.36.29 PM.pngSmiley Very Happy

I hate heat, but I LOVE to swim and play in the pool.  I have a great backyard pool and it's the gathering place for the whole family.  Kids, grandkids, the pool and the grill....

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

Well, it's too late for me to find a rich old guy to take me any place Woman LOL

Good luck to you!

Normally, Maryland is a very moderate climate.  This summer, however, it's just too darn hot.

My deam home is here and I don't want to leave -- not even sure where I would go.  I grew up near St. Louis and it is hot and humid there too. 

I hated it as a child and that never changed.

It just sucks the life out of you.

Yes, I hated the heat and humidity when I was growing up on Long Island, NY.  BUT I LOVE the beach (still do!!!) and I would go there all the time in summer and I wouldn't mind it because of the water and the breeze (well, sometimes there was a breeze lol)

I live inland now in the midwest and I hate it.  Yes, I hate it.  Except for a couple weeks in Spring (if we're lucky) and maybe another couple in the Fall, the weather is dreadful.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What area on Long Island did you grow up in?  I lived on the north shore, mid island for 9 yrs.  Originally from Westchester County, NY.  I also moved from NY to Chicago many moons ago, but remember the winters were bitter cold and the summers were as brutally hot and humid...really friendly and nice people in IL.

Hi AKGirl!  I grew up on the north shore too!  Could walk to the beach from our house.   It was the bay and it was kind of rocky, but it was nice.  My mother grew up in Westchester and I used to visit my grandparents there all the time.  Beautiful place!

When I got older I moved to Queens and I'd drive out to Jones Beach every weekend.  Then, when Jones Beach got "too crowded" I'd go all the way out to Fire Island.  It was heaven.

A good friend of mine from school left NY for Chicago but came back to NY saying that Chicago wasn't big enough for her.  LOL.  I went to visit her in NYC and she lived in a tiny walk up that had no A/C and my visit was in the middle of the summer.

GACK!!!

Honored Contributor

108' in Tx. We've broke a record. Then, it was 105'.

cooling down to the 90's though