Respected Contributor

Re: Animal crackers' animals "freed" as boxes get new look

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I don't get many ants, but if I see one I pick it up with a paper towel and put it outside.  Yeah, I really do.  But not all make it out alive unfortunately 

And no, insects do not have the run of my house lol 

Ants are the only ones who receive this courtesy service

Aha, you do exterminate other bugs.  Any bug that comes into my house (that I see) don't make it out alive.   It's splat for 'em.  Especially the scorpions.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I don't get many ants, but if I see one I pick it up with a paper towel and put it outside.  Yeah, I really do.  But not all make it out alive unfortunately 

@Ladybug724-

Oh my goodness!

I've never met anyone else who does this.

My best friend and I when we were little always saved ants from water, everything.

And I still do to this day! There's just something about themSmiley Happy

Only if there is a ton outside my door will I do otherwise.

(But not as you said anything else in the house, though I don't like to kill anything).

I also go to great lengths to save moths and "pretty" bugs.

And will take a house apart to save a trapped squirrel or bird!

My son has often gotten in the middle of a highway to stop cars for a dog or turtle while I'm on the side waving them all to stop! Yikes!

Or getting out trying to find the owner and leading the dog away from the road.

My sister won't kill spiders cause she says they kill other things. I'm sorry but to me they are also "the other things" (sorry Charlotte's webSmiley Sad

I know people think this all is totally weird but I'm happy to see there's someone else "weird" in the world!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tyak wrote:

No, you couldn't be more wrong.  I don't give a rip whether there's bars or not on that box.  It's a box.  But I am absolutely mind boggled that adults view it as something entirely different.  It actually makes them feel 'good.'  Hallelujia, the bars are gone.   

Your posts read angry and "bent out of shape" to me, but go ahead and keep telling us how you don't care either way. lol

For the record, I don't like PETA, and I will annihilate any ant that comes across me.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Am I missing something here?  The fact that pictures of wild animals on a cookie box running free doesn't change things.  

Wild animals  being poached and hunted on expensive safaris is still going on today.  

That's PETA for you.  They are all about the publicity and the donations that publicity gets them.  But animal crackers all over the world are gratful to them...lol

Respected Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

No, you couldn't be more wrong.  I don't give a rip whether there's bars or not on that box.  It's a box.  But I am absolutely mind boggled that adults view it as something entirely different.  It actually makes them feel 'good.'  Hallelujia, the bars are gone.   

Your posts read angry and "bent out of shape" to me, but go ahead and keep telling us how you don't care either way. lol

For the record, I don't like PETA, and I will annihilate any ant that comes across me.

No, not angry...just sad.  And amazed by what I read.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Ladybug724-

Oh my goodness!

I've never met anyone else who does this.

My best friend and I when we were little always saved ants from water, everything.

And I still do to this day! There's just something about themSmiley Happy

Only if there is a ton outside my door will I do otherwise.

(But not as you said anything else in the house, though I don't like to kill anything).

I also go to great lengths to save moths and "pretty" bugs.

And will take a house apart to save a trapped squirrel or bird!

My son has often gotten in the middle of a highway to stop cars for a dog or turtle while I'm on the side waving them all to stop! Yikes!

Or getting out trying to find the owner and leading the dog away from the road.

My sister won't kill spiders cause she says they kill other things. I'm sorry but to me they are also "the other things" (sorry Charlotte's webSmiley Sad

I know people think this all is totally weird but I'm happy to see there's someone else "weird" in the world!

You sound just like me!  I forgot, when I said ants are the only ones I save I forgot about moths, ladybugs (I mean look at my name) and lightening bugs, "pretty bugs" as you call them.  My children save bugs out of our pool, and I had to save a squirrel out of the pool once.  My husband thought I was going to give him cpr (jk)

I just have a soft heart what can I say?  Your son sounds very sweet btw!

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie 

I always loved that Christopher Morley poem too.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

It's a new day, the sun is shining (as usual where I am) and animals all over the world are ecstatic and yelling "free at last, thank God we're free at last!!!! 

And they're all bowing down in the direction of Nabisco headquarters.

@Tyak  Yep, another fine example of the dumbing down of our society.  This vacuous stunt by Nabisco makes me want to completely avoid their products. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra wrote:
This vacuous stunt by Nabisco makes me want to completely avoid their products. 

You’re probably better off.

Too much processed, sugary gunk.

I support what they did but to market sugar cookies to children

as a ‘good source of calcium’...is this close to a crime. 

ETA:

Our outrage is mis-focused.

‘Dumbing down of society’ is not because of altering the image,

it’s the icky product marketed as an implied healthy food...IMO

A food for children, no less.  

The image change is important, but that wasn’t the first thing I saw...

that bright blue ‘calcium’ is what will get the product purchased,

not the removed bars.

Remove the bars .... AND remove the calcium image...

then that’s a small step in the right direction. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom  There's really no comparison between two.  I'm not offended about the change but I think it is absolutely ridiculous.    They are cartoon characters for the love of God...