on the day of interment.

I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same period

at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other

facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and

stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this

twenty-seventh day of August, in the year of our Lord

two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the

United States of America the two hundred and forty-third.

President of the United States

771EDB83-BC4E-4122-8EF1-C6C72526ABEE.jpeg

QVC Customer Care

Re: Half Staff Flags: Senator John McCain

Super Contributor

It is completely disgusting that posts have had to be deleted for political reasons both when the news came out that John McCain was ending his treatment, and again, once he passed.  First and foremost, John McCain was a man with a wife and children.  He was striken with a non-operable form of cancer.  The progression of this disease is particularly cruel.  All that should be of any concern at this moment is the McCain family. 

Respected Contributor

May he rest in peace.  He was a true American hero.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Senator McCain’s remains will be flown to Washington D.C. where he will lie in state in the Capital Rotunda.He will then be laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery.

There has been no bigger patriot than John McCain, period. He has spent 60 out of his 81 years in distinguished service to our country.He deserves the official lowering of all American flags to half staff in his honor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Senator McCain’s remains will be flown to Washington D.C. where he will lie in state in the Capital Rotunda.He will then be laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery.

There has been no bigger patriot than John McCain, period. He has spent 60 out of his 81 years in distinguished service to our country.He deserves the official lowering of all American flags to half staff in his honor.

i believe that he is going to be buried at the us naval academy and not in arlington. he wanted to be buried next to his good  friend chuck larson. they went to school together at the naval academy. senator mccain had written this in his book.....the restless wave.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/63d99174f3d92b72582fc52e1f2638b17f4c120a/c=771-175-3615-2313/local/-/media/2018/08/25/USATODAY/USATODAY/636708294377128184-IMG-5052.jpg?width=540&height=405&fit=crop

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At this time, the only thing that matters is Senator John McCain deserves respect as his status as a war hero and that he suffered a cruel fate with his cancer.  My heart goes out to his family and friends. 

I am grateful that the mods are deleting any inappropriate callous political remarks.

Honored Contributor

He served our country with honor, in times of peace, and in war. I respect him for this. I don't understand being nasty, about another person , at a time like this

(An empty jug makes the most noise, I guess)

God rest his soul, may perpetual light shine upon him

and may the angels conduct him to a place of refreshment, light, and peace..thank you for your service Senator

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's so sad to wake up to that news.  

I never watch it, but CNN is doing wonderful coverage of his life.  A lot of film of him and his friends speaking.  

I really don't care to watch news reporters reading what he's said, or what others have said.  It just means more to see the film letting these people speak.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ   burial will be at USNA cemetery at Annapolis. strong Navy family with father who was an admiral and grandfather too i believe.