Honored Contributor

Re: An update on Coach Pat Summitt..

@Suziepeach - I'm so sad for you. She is an amazing, trailblazing woman. What she did with her "girls" she did with power and grace. She pushed them to greatness. Her son is continuing her legacy. 

Honored Contributor

Our prayers are with her and her family.  It's heart breaking because she is so young, but it does show that it happens to anyone at anytime. 

She was/is an awesome coach, friend, mentor and woman.  She loved her "job" and every single girl she ever coached.  I believe they felt/feel the same.  That is a sign of a great person. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pat Summitt Plaza on campus..  I'll toot my horn and say my hubby and I had a little do with that and our names are on plaque, with others of course, down to the right..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Our prayers are with her and her family.  It's heart breaking because she is so young, but it does show that it happens to anyone at anytime. 

She was/is an awesome coach, friend, mentor and woman.  She loved her "job" and every single girl she ever coached.  I believe they felt/feel the same.  That is a sign of a great person. 

@Preds  @Suziepeach   ... many of her former players managed to see her this past weekend before the family stopped visitors.   It was so heart- wrenching

Honored Contributor

Prayers for Pat Summitt's family, friends, woman's basketball team members and all whom she inspired.

Honored Contributor

We've been keeping up with everything, or trying too, via tweets and Tennessee websites.  Candace Parker had finished a game and immediately flew to Knoxville.  So sad, so sad.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I met her when I lived in Knoxville in the late 90's. She's a remarkable lady.

Esteemed Contributor

Wishing her a gentle passing.
Respected Contributor

I have to say I was shocked to hear that her health had declined so rapidly. Sad news. 

Trusted Contributor

I am one of many of Pat's Chi Omega sorority sisters praying for her and her family.  She has always been a wonderful example of our "Symphony".