Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I enjoy reading your posts especially your relationship with your daughters. You lost your DH unexpectedly and still managed to carry on. I admire you. And I can’t leave out your two cats, Bill and Katie (I think). Carry on. Your honesty shines through your posts.

Honored Contributor

I watched a docu about that mansion a few years ago. They showed the inside of it and interviewed some people, can't remember who, but they were talking about running out of money and had to stop construction and abandon it. I haven't kept up with what has been happening with the mansion lately and all I can say is it is huge. 

Honored Contributor

Re: American Versailles!

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  Kindness is a beautiful quality and I believe that this woman, Jackie, could be very kind.  We really don't know one another, but we always intuit when we meet others.  Your daughter sees goodness in her, and I tend to think that we see in others is what we recognize in ourselves.  How wonderful that your children had you as a mom and that they carry on many of your traits.