Respected Contributor

Just so I don't confuse anyone, let me clarify that I don't get free Prime membership.  It's just that the reward I get just for using the Amazon card--for purchases I would make regardless--pays for my membership. 

I agree with @suzyQ3 that reward or no reward, the quality, value and convenience I get from Amazon exceeds the "cost of admission." 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

O/T - IMO Prime Membership is not expensive IF you consider ALL the benefits you get.  It's a lot more than just fast shipping.  Streaming of movies/original series, Prime Music, Prime Wardrobe (try before you buy), Prime Reading, Audible (audio book downloads) and the list goes on.  (the Kindle book downloads and Audible downloads alone make it worth it to me).

**Yesterday morning while getting ready, I noticed my eyebrow pencil was running pretty low.  I ordered it, and it was at my door when I got home from work.  (for the same price sold elsewhere).  Can't beat that.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Just so I don't confuse anyone, let me clarify that I don't get free Prime membership.  It's just that the reward I get just for using the Amazon card--for purchases I would make regardless--pays for my membership. 

I agree with @suzyQ3 that reward or no reward, the quality, value and convenience I get from Amazon exceeds the "cost of admission." 

@IamMrsG, I did consider that you may have meant it that way. I just didn't know whether there were some who for some reason received Prime free.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have purchased from Amazon for years.  I have never paid for shipping and I do not have Prime.  They don't always have the lowest price so you still need to shop around.  I always get my package much faster than the paid shipping for QVC.

Regular Contributor

I love Amazon Prime, it is a great deal. Products arrive in 2 days max, often 1 day. Their films are excellent, You get first dibs on music, books, films, if you sign up. Often they have special deals for Prime members. Returns are a breeze, if the product is lost by the maI’ll, you get a new product or refund right away. If you live in a city where they deliver food, you get fresh food right away. I receivecoupons for money off for many restaurants. They will give a percentage of some products to your favorite charity.  Nothing not to like

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

All is not sweetness and light with Amazon.  I've had rotten luck with their secondary sellers.  I received wrong item for one order, they want their merchandise back but won't send a pre-paid label so here I sit with 400 rubber gloves and never got what I ordered or a refund.  Yes, I've talked to CS.

Some of their foreign vendors have such poor English skills, they have no idea what something like "taupe" is, and I never get the right color  in cosmetics.

Amazon esses up plenty and the entertainment they offer on TV stinks.

@Kachina624, I've had excellent service from all the booksellers I buy from. If one or two books haven't met my expectation in terms of what was advertised, I've generally received a refund and was told to keep the book.

That said, I tend to try to sick with items sold by Amazon.

Oh, and we've watched some excellent series and movies on Amazon (free, of course, because we are Prime).

I agree with all of this.

I had a minor issue with a book just a couple of weeks ago, and a new book was sent overnight.  I was also told to keep the book I had already received, AND I was given $10 credit.  That's very typical of Amazon.  In all my years of ordering, I've had very few problems, and they've all been handled efficiently and in a way that's more than fair.

(Even without Prime, I often get orders within a day or two.  And I very rarely pay for shipping.)

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@IamMrsG , for whatever it's worth, I understood what you were saying.  I think sometimes people just read quickly.  I do that a lot myself.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I shop at both retailers!  I find different items at each site.  Amazon definitely has faster shipping and quicker refunds.

Respected Contributor

Me, too.

Contributor

I'm still waiting for the refund on a returned item that was received by them in mid May. I don't think I'll be shopping with QVC much longer. They used to be sooo much better!