Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

All is not sweetness and light with Amazon.  I've had rotten luck with their secondary sellers.  I received wrong item for one order, they want their merchandise back but won't send a pre-paid label so here I sit with 400 rubber gloves and never got what I ordered or a refund.  Yes, I've talked to CS.

Some of their foreign vendors have such poor English skills, they have no idea what something like "taupe" is, and I never get the right color  in cosmetics.

Amazon esses up plenty and the entertainment they offer on TV stinks.

I don't buy from secondary sellers, unless Amazon fulfilled the order. I once waited two months for a tablet case.

Shopping at Amazon is a different experience for everyone. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think QVC knows the writing is on the wall for this conglomerate ... and yet they are making matters worse by gobbling up HSN and other entities ... then adding more channels to attract (I guess) a younger audience.   Sounds like Sears buying KMart doesn't it?

I have to admit I like Q's Customer Service ... rarely a bad experience.

But Amazon beats the Q hands down.   They sent me the wrong CD ... then credited my account the same day I called ... and told me to keep the CD ... actually, I never heard of the group and haven't listened to it.  A second order arrived the next day (we are Prime members from way back).

My Amazon 10 tablet started acting up ... a technician spent hours on remote repairing and replacing all my data ... no charge.

When my husband was sick Amazon shopped for fresh produce for me and delivered it at 8 a.m. the next day ...

I could go on ... and on ...

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

O/T - IMO Prime Membership is not expensive IF you consider ALL the benefits you get.  It's a lot more than just fast shipping.  Streaming of movies/original series, Prime Music, Prime Wardrobe (try before you buy), Prime Reading, Audible (audio book downloads) and the list goes on.  (the Kindle book downloads and Audible downloads alone make it worth it to me).

**Yesterday morning while getting ready, I noticed my eyebrow pencil was running pretty low.  I ordered it, and it was at my door when I got home from work.  (for the same price sold elsewhere).  Can't beat that.

@Mj12   So happy to see you again and your dancing people.  LOL  I agree Amazon Prime pays for itself.  If you have their credit card and you get 5% back, it is even better.  I personally love Alexa and have one in every room.  She tells me that I have a package coming that morning, and then tells me it is at the door.   They even take a picture of where they left it.  I love all the music that I can get for free, and the books.  Ilove having a large package of dog food delivered to my door.  Like everyone else said "they do have excellent customer service" BUT I will say this, I always get good cutomer service with QVC.  Maybe I am just lucky.  If I have a problem , I just write to the Mods on the board here, and they help me. 

I have found things on Amazon such as a nasal spray I use that is not cheap.   I can get 3 bottles for the price of one at Walmart.  Is everything cheaper?  No, but it is so nice to have that option. 

Regular Contributor

Trust me you already pay a charge to shop on the Q with much higher prices and shipping.