Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I shop Amazon once in a while but I have a friend that really likes Amazon and belongs to Prime.  That is what QVC needs is a "Prime".  The man that founded Amazon is a billionaire.

@Katcat1  I'm not at all interested in paying $119 a year just to shop on Amazon or on any web site.  What a money making scheme that is!  No wonder Bezos is a billionare.  The last thing we need is a charge to shop on QVC.

You soon recover your $119 when you order, as you are not charged S/H. I buy a lot and love their service. You are charged S/H on QVC already. Also I can get it in a couple days.

Honored Contributor

I do indeed love Amazon, I don't think of Amazon as store, it's a part of my life now.  Yes, they have great customer service.  And yes, the handle things like this efficiently and quickly.  I love that.  But Amazon is Amazon and QVC is QVC.  I don't expect QVC (or any other retailer) to morph into Amazon.  I must say that in over 30 years with QVC, I've never had an problems with returns or refunds or even shipping times.  Yes, QVC has had some challenges with shipping recently but it seems they have resolved those problems.  I received my last few purchases in almost record time.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't order from Amazon often, but when I have, I always get free shipping (order over a certain amount -- I think $35?) and it's delivered within 2 days.  So, I don't know what Amazon Prime provides for that high fee, but what I'm doing works for me!  But, as someone else said, Amazon sells most everything, unlike the Q,

Valued Contributor

@MoJoV Amazon does have amazing CS.  A couple of years ago, during an Amazon shoe buying frenzy, I got a pair of Croc's suede clogs.  They were horribly stiff and uncomfortable.  Called CS to see about returning and they said just forget it.  Give them away, throw them away, whatever no need to return and they credited my account.  Just last week my SIL needed an item we had bought last year.   We ordered it late Tuesday evening and it was on my porch Thursday morning.  And I no longer have Prime.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  OMG!  I did not realize it cost so much.  I take what I said back!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

YES. Amazon is pretty darn amazing to make all their customers feel SPECIAL and get treated with red carpet service.  

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The thing about Amazon is they literally sell everything under the sun. Two different categories of stores.

@Nancy Drew   True and the Q would never be able to ship as quickly as Amazon ships.

One thing that has become annoying is that many known-vendors still have websites but link you to Amazon to purchase their products.

In a way, it's win-win because of the free and fast shipping but I am uncomfortable with Amazon become the only place to purchase some items.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

In defense on QVC a little bit. I do like to see on tv the items. I like when older blonde Maria comes out in an outfit. I can really guide how that will look on me. Chaz doing WEN and his tips. He literally taught me how to do a blow out when he was selling his brushes. I know YouTube has it now but not then. Computers, decorating tips with Valerie, etc....

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon vs. QVC

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

All is not sweetness and light with Amazon.  I've had rotten luck with their secondary sellers.  I received wrong item for one order, they want their merchandise back but won't send a pre-paid label so here I sit with 400 rubber gloves and never got what I ordered or a refund.  Yes, I've talked to CS.

Some of their foreign vendors have such poor English skills, they have no idea what something like "taupe" is, and I never get the right color  in cosmetics.

Amazon esses up plenty and the entertainment they offer on TV stinks.

@Kachina624, I've had excellent service from all the booksellers I buy from. If one or two books haven't met my expectation in terms of what was advertised, I've generally received a refund and was told to keep the book.

That said, I tend to try to stick with items sold by Amazon.

Oh, and we've watched some excellent series and movies on Amazon (free, of course, because we are Prime).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

RE:  "I'm not at all interested in paying $119 a year just to shop on Amazon or on any web site.  What a money making scheme that is! ..."

@Biftu  I've told on other threads that I feel I get my Prime membership for free.  I use Amazon's reward credit card for all (and only) Amazon shopping.  At this typing, I have more than $100 accrued so far this year.  It is my choice when and how to apply the money to a purchase, including membership renewal, which isn't due for several more months. 

It's important to add that even if Amazon Prime were free to everyone all the time, I would not patronize them if the customer service was unsatisfactory.  

@IamMrsG, we don't get our Prime for free, but what we make up by their good products far exceeds the cost of Prime membership.

And although we don't like to have more than a couple credit cards, we did get an Amazon and see the great results that you get. It's 5% back on every puchase!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland