Esteemed Contributor

As I have said in another thread, I buy almost everything from Amazon.

Well, recently, I purchased a box of hair coloring.

I should state that I'm a I'll-get-it-when-I-get-it person.

I don't stalk my orders.

So, I went to my emails just now, and saw this from Amazon:

"We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $5.50 for your Order 113-6010718-******* from AstorCom.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Colorsilk Permanent Hair Color, Medium Auburn (42/4R)
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: B005OKZ5DI
    Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $5.50

Notes: We are very sorry to inform you that your package has been lost or misplaced in transit. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We went ahead and issued a full refund for this purchase due to this unfortunate mishap. -Astorcom Team

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

Visa Credit Card: $5.50

We've processed a refund for the above order in the amount of $5.50. In most cases, once a refund has been submitted, the issuing bank will post it to your account within 3-5 business days when issued to a credit card. Refunds issued to a bank account or pin-less debit typically take 10 business days to reflect on the account balance. This time frame may vary from one financial institution to another."

I didn't even know that it had been lost in transit!  AND the money has already been refunded!Woman Very Happy

This is why I shop with Amazon.Smiley Very Happy
The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I shop Amazon once in a while but I have a friend that really likes Amazon and belongs to Prime.  That is what QVC needs is a "Prime".  The man that founded Amazon is a billionaire.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I shop Amazon once in a while but I have a friend that really likes Amazon and belongs to Prime.  That is what QVC needs is a "Prime".  The man that founded Amazon is a billionaire.

That man is the very famous Jeff Bezos. His worth is estimated at $138.9 billion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'd pay for QVC 'prime' all I order from them

Esteemed Contributor

The thing about Amazon is they literally sell everything under the sun. Two different categories of stores.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I'm not at all interested in paying $119 a year just to shop on Amazon or on any web site.  What a money making scheme that is!  No wonder Bezos is a billionare.  The last thing we need is a charge to shop on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The thing about Amazon is they literally sell everything under the sun. Two different categories of stores.

@Nancy Drew 

Yes, true, QVC and Amazon are two different categories of stores, but, would QVC have notified their customer that an order had been lost in transit, before the customer even knew that it had been lost?

Would QVC have then automatically refunded the money to the customer, without the customer having to life a single finger?

I think you and I both know the answer to those questions.

That was the point that I was trying to make.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I’m currently enjoying a 2 month free trial of Amazon Prime.OMG it’s great. Everything I order arrives in less than 24 hours. I even get to pick my delivery day when I’m not going to be home!! 

QVC are you listening?

Esteemed Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I'm not at all interested in paying $119 a year just to shop on Amazon or on any web site.  What a money making scheme that is!  No wonder Bezos is a billionare.  The last thing we need is a charge to shop on QVC.

@Biftu, where did you get the idea that you have to belong to Amazon Prime to shop at Amazon?  If you place orders of $25 or more shipping for most items is free. if you don't make small orders (under $25)  or take advantage of the other Prime benefits there is no good reason to join Prime nor does not belonging to Prime mean you can't shop Amazon.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Biftu, where did you get the idea that you have to belong to Amazon Prime to shop at Amazon?  If you place orders of $25 or more shipping for most items is free. if you don't make small orders (under $25)  or take advantage of the other Prime benefits there is no good reason to join Prime nor does not belonging to Prime mean you can't shop Amazon.

I realize that you can still shop on Amazon without joining Prime.  I have purchased a few items from Amazon.  But it does cost to be a Prime member.