Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon's New Return Option

@ciao_bella 

i just did an exchange this way.

ordered four of the same item and one was damaged.

i started the return process and they sent me out a new one the next day.

they are giving me a month to get the damaged one to kohls .....no packaging required, just the code that i can pull up on my phone. if i dont get it there within a month they will charge me for the one they sent out.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

That's good information, especially if you don't have a return package!

I mostly return to the UPS store, which is about 5 minutes from my house.  And, also get a same day refund.  Kohl's is at least 20 minutes away, and I stopped shopping there years ago.  But, good to know!!!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

There isn't  a Kohl near me, but that was an option given to me when I wanted to return a DVD.  One of the options.  I returned it at the UPS store.  It was near by .

Frequent Contributor

This is good to hear. I always disliked having to return anything to amazon and I do shop at Kohls alot!

Valued Contributor

Question .... How do you return to Amazon if you don't have a printer?

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

Question .... How do you return to Amazon if you don't have a printer?

you dont need a printer.

if you have a smartphone, you can return to a UPS store OR a kohls store and they will do everything for you. all you have to do is show the barcode that amazon will send to your email. all you need to bring with you is that barcode and the item. nothing else needed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45

Thank you so much for your kind and informative response.

Honored Contributor

I think this was started back several months ago, I find using a UPS drop off much easier than a Kohl's store that is 16 miles away.

Honored Contributor

I'm curious as to what kohl's does with all these returns. Do they then in turn do the shipping back to amazon?

When I return to amazon I drive them to the ups that's close to me whic is as close as the kohls. Seems crazy to take amazon stuff to kohls except perhaps getting an email from amazon indicating my return was 'accepted'. I still have to wait 'x' amount of time to actually get my credit posted to my cc account. I just don't think this is going to get me my money back any faster.

Maybe I'm missing something. And if I'm at kohls making an amazon return, I'm now potentially lured into kohls to start buying again.

Esteemed Contributor

Great idea. But I rarely go to Kohls's.  If I do I never seem to find anything I want or need. And the little rural post office is up the street.