Respected Contributor

Yesterday, I returned an item I purchased at Amazon to Kohl's.  It's Amazon's newest return option and, I must say, it was effortless.  You don't need a box and just start your return online at Amazon, they give you a code (use your smartphone or print it out) and return it to any Kohl's.  At Kohl's, they scan the code, give you a receipt that your item was returned along with a tracking # and it's done. 

By the time I got home, which was about 15 minutes, I already had a message from Amazon that the item was returned and a refund will be issued.  This morning, the refund amount was completed and issued back to my credit card.  Now that's customer service!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon's New Return Option

Yes, I knew about Kohls and Amazon returns.  It's good to hear that the process went so smoothly.  

Valued Contributor

I have done the same process -- but brought the return to a UPS store.  Love it too!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

plus, kohl's gives you a coupon to use, in the store.

Trusted Contributor

Amazon does returns right.  I don't return much with them but it is ALWAYS painless

Trusted Contributor

I just experienced it.  Went on Amazon because I had a return and saw I could bring it to Kohls!   Was a bit confused at first but what a great idea.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a Kohl's shopper per se, but I give them big props for creative ways to stay relevant in an ever-declining retail (b&m) arena.

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

I guess it is nice for some.

I don’t return much to Amazon but I rarely go to Kohl’s and usually leave without making a purchase. I definitely don’t want a coupon I won’t use. The post office is closer to where I live than Kohl’s so I doubt I’ll ever take advantage of this option.

Honored Contributor

This sounds similar to a another new type of return shipping from Amazon that we've encountered recently. 

You print a label online and take your item (no box needed) to your local UPS store. They give you a receipt and put your item in a box along with others' returns.

You also usually get your refund processed after leaving your package at UPS.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It's not really convenient for me, the nearest Kohl's is farther away from me then the Post Office or UPS ( in Staples). I always save the box, I make sure I won't be returning the product before I get rid of it.