Valued Contributor

I did one today at the ups store. They scanned the qr code, handed me a receipt, and done. I got an email later regarding refund. Make sure you check defective, even if it's a stretch, as that might result in charges.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon returns

[ Edited ]

@Karie2022 

Did the product page say “free returns”?  And was it sold by Amazon, or was it sold by a secondary seller and fulfilled by Amazon? Big difference.

The reason I ask is that I just made a return to Amazon two days ago and received a full refund.  I repacked the item in the same bag and attached the label printed out from the Amazon site. Took it to a nearby UPS store and asked for a receipt, as I always do.  Received email from Amazon stating my refund, which was the full amount that I was originally charged.  ETA It said Free Returns at the top of the page I ordered from. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon returns

[ Edited ]

This happened once.  We went to the nearby UPS center to return an Amazon product.  They were closed for lunch.  We were on our way for an appointment (which we could not break) so we left it there on the skid.  The person at the store said we could leave it there.  My husband was nervous about leaving it there, but we did.  He checked the next day, and it was indeed returned.  He got an email confirmation  with the refund. 

I once returned a DVD from Amazon (directly Amazon, not one of their partner stores) to Kohl's.  I just walked up to a sales person told them, and left it loose in the bag!  It was returned and I got a email confirmation.   But it was far from me.  I wish they partnered a better available store like Target.   Kohl's always seem to be in the boondocks. Too far away!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Karie2022 

Did the product page say “free returns”?  And was it sold by Amazon, or was it sold by a secondary seller and fulfilled by Amazon? Big difference.

The reason I ask is that I just made a return to Amazon two days ago and received a full refund.  I repacked the item in the same bag and attached the label printed out from the Amazon site. Took it to a nearby UPS store and asked for a receipt, as I always do.  Received email from Amazon stating my refund, which was the full amount that I was originally charged.  ETA It said Free Returns at the top of the page I ordered from. 

Yes it was sold from AMAZON....I never had any issues when I was allowed to print the label, package it up myself and then bring to ups...it’s only since I have to bring the unpackaged item to ups and they generate a label and package it themselves, this is something new, at least for me.  

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

Took two returnes to Kohl's today.  Simply scanned return from my phone, had the credit issued before I left the store.  Kohl's also gave me a coupon for 25% off my entire purchase....took advantage of that today.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.