Honored Contributor

Twice now ,with a order of toilet paper, i have had missing rolls, 3 each time ,package had been opened on one, and took 3, had to be done by person  packing the box,yes contacted them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

That's weird , people usually don't steal bulky cheap items ! Also weird is that you would get 2 separate orders with exactly 3 missing . I thought the TP shortage was over ! 

Super Contributor

So what did Amazon say or do after you contacted them?  

Was Amazon the seller or another vendor who ships under Amazon website?  In my experience, I have ordered a package of drinks (12 bottles) and was missing three bottles.  I contacted Amazon via email asking for a refund based on those three missing bottles only.  They told me to keep the bottles I received and they shipped me a brand new order, all 12 bottles at no cost!  I had similar issues, although only a few.  Been very fortunate that I was always told not to return item but would be given a full refund as well.  Now I try to only order when Amazon is the actual seller.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon problem

[ Edited ]

Yes, i think it is strange ,especially twice, one would think people working there would have toilet paper available, they refunded me. IT  was amazon.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have had that happen with Halloween candy. Someone opened a six pack and took one Hershey bar. It's really obnoxious especialy with a food item. 

Glad Amazon did the right thing.   

Honored Contributor

Who buys toilet paper online? Especially if you are being cheated. Go to the store and purchase them on you own. Then you'll be assured you are getting what you paid for.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest @Reilley 

I had a weird thing happen to me with Amazon too.....My order was supposed to be Prime Delivery to my front door, the email tracking showed USPS and it wasnt delivered by the date/time indicated...And the USPS email said it was delivered to our Condo Mail Center for packages which are signed for by an office employee and are logged and the resident is notified to pick up the package. But it WASNT delivered to the Condo Mail Center it was stuck in the regular community mailboxes which is located a ways away from the Condo Mail Center ....AND THE PACKAGE WAS EMPTY......

I called Amazon because the whole thing was weird and it was supposed to be delivered by PRIME to my door thats why I pay the membership fee of $14.99 a month. The Amazon Rep said sometimes that happens at the Fulfillment Center....And she said it was a good thing I called because she would forward my feedback because Amazon always wants to know how the subcontracted deliveries worked out because that determines who they subcontract with for the future. ...They sent me a replacement at no cost...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@goldensrbest @Reilley 

I had a weird thing happen to me with Amazon too.....My order was supposed to be Prime Delivery to my front door, the email tracking showed USPS and it wasnt delivered by the date/time indicated...And the USPS email said it was delivered to our Condo Mail Center for packages which are signed for by an office employee and are logged and the resident is notified to pick up the package. But it WASNT delivered to the Condo Mail Center it was stuck in the regular community mailboxes which is located a ways away from the Condo Mail Center ....AND THE PACKAGE WAS EMPTY......

I called Amazon because the whole thing was weird and it was supposed to be delivered by PRIME to my door thats why I pay the membership fee of $14.99 a month. The Amazon Rep said sometimes that happens at the Fulfillment Center....And she said it was a good thing I called because she would forward my feedback because Amazon always wants to know how the subcontracted deliveries worked out because that determines who they subcontract with for the future. ...They sent me a replacement at no cost...

Amazon will almost always do right by you @Spurt, but I can tell you from experience with both Amazon and Target that the feedback they so anxiously seek and claim to appreciate does nothing and goes nowhere. Despite numerous calls, I'm still just as likely to find my Amazon purchases in my building's lobby as I am at my door. Also, despite several calls to Target asking them not to package heavy items with items that can get crushed, they just did it again. When you call, they throw a gift card at you and call it done. The gift card is appreciated, but doesn't really address why you called.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Strange.  Did you purchase it from Amazon Basics or from a third party seller?  Either way, contact Amazon customer service.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@goldensrbest @Reilley 

Amazon will almost always do right by you @Spurt, but I can tell you from experience with both Amazon and Target that the feedback they so anxiously seek and claim to appreciate does nothing and goes nowhere. Despite numerous calls, I'm still just as likely to find my Amazon purchases in my building's lobby as I am at my door. Also, despite several calls to Target asking them not to package heavy items with items that can get crushed, they just did it again. When you call, they throw a gift card at you and call it done. The gift card is appreciated, but doesn't really address why you called.

@stevieb 

Yep, your probably right. Sadly few companies really care about the customers anymore.....and I think it depends on whether the CS Rep really even cares, so instead of writing a report they send a gift card and consider it one and done without really addressing the problem. Thats why I searched around to find their Corporate HQ number..I called Corporate before and complained to their CFO about the lack of actual Prime Delivery to my actual condo unit instead of the Condo Mail Center or Mail Box, which is what I expect from my $14.99 a month and I also told them about the broken light bulbs and vase on previous Amazon orders....So that time and call mustve generated putting a note in my records, because this time when I called the regular CS Rep stated there was a note in my file specifying "deliver to my front door"....and she said she would mention that notation again ...Now whether she was BSing me I wont know until I encounter another Amazon problem...

I will say one thing about our grocery store chain, HEB, when you go online and submit feedback you actually get a call from Corporate, at least thats where they say they are from and whether its a complaint or compliment and they acknowledge your feedback....But I think the difference there is HEB spent a lot of money, time, and effort to drive away all the major national grocery chains and they want to keep it that way so they try to keep people happy....although Kroger recently is trying to make a comeback of sorts with grocery delivery.....which I found quite interesting....

O/T have you heard anything about Danny Snyder's 11 hour meeting with Qwapital Investigators regarding his involvement with goings on behind the scenes of his team???? Gee I wish he'd be forced to sell the team...but I think mostly all the owners are crooks and pervs 🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”