Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  Holy Moly.... why would anyone want an Amazon Store Credit card?  The APR is high and the perks are low.

If I had one, I'd use a different card with a lower APR unless I could pay off by balance every month or used the special financing.

i think it's amazing that credit interest is so high and earned interest on savings is so low.  We don't stand a chance of getting ahead,

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Moonchilde  Holy Moly.... why would anyone want an Amazon Store Credit card?  The APR is high and the perks are low.

If I had one, I'd use a different card with a lower APR unless I could pay off by balance every month or used the special financing.

i think it's amazing that credit interest is so high and earned interest on savings is so low.  We don't stand a chance of getting ahead,

@Carmie I haven't kept abreast of the interest rates because I stopped using it 5+ years ago, maybe longer. Back in the day Amazon pushed their card and nothing else - no Amazon Visa, etc. When they started really pushing the CCs, like Macy's and so many other retailers did, I just figured well, I already have a card I can use at Amazon if I want to - or I could just use a CC I already have.  I sometimes used it like a QVC easy pay to spread things out a little. In the beginning (pre-Synchrony) their interest rate on the card was less than traditional CCs which is one reason I sometimes chose to use it over a Visa or MC.

I don't want a "bunch" of credit cards, so I don't apply for them or accept them when given to me unasked for. I have four, I think, and one of those is a traditional store card. That's plenty for me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

As often as I shop at Amazon....I haven't been interested in getting "their" card.  I'm sure there are perks, just as there are with the Target card (where I also shop often, and don't have that card)

At this point, I feel I have all the credit cards I need, and I do get rewards or store specials with all of them.  

I don't pay any fees on any of my cards.  I couldn't say what the interest rates are, since this doesn't come into play for me.  

Honored Contributor

nick--- not sure if that charge has been since 2014---that is why I am getting the statements sent to me, but I never ok'd it whenever it began.  I don't get paper statements as I pay online. No, it is a monthly charge, at least for the past 13 months. 

And no, I hadn't been checking my statements---bad move on my part, however----- that bad habit is ending.  Yes I was amazed when the CS rep said that too.. We will see.

Honored Contributor
  • Millie----No it's not a yearly fee---$50 was charged On EACH months statement!. There is no fee to own the card. This is an insurance policy so if you can't pay the monthly payment, due to a health or employment issue, the card will be paid for you. I did not ok it. Must be a checked box that you uncheck if you don't want it. 
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Good grief! The Amazon Store Card (whether it says Prime on it or not) is NOT a credit card. Note "Where you shop." 

For the third time:

From the Amazon website:

"The store card is issued by a finance company....Sychrony Bank...they are a finance company...not a bank. The amazon credit card is issued by Chase Bank."

IMG_1233.JPG

@Moonchilde

either way, they pretty much work the same way.

the main reason why i mentioned my amazon visa card was to alert potential customers that maybe it is better to just get the VISA card (through chase bank) than the store branded card (through synchrony bank). i have other synchrony bank store branded cards and have never had problems with them, including qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

thank you moon---yes The AMZ STORE card is NOT  a credit card----------Just trying to give whoever... a heads up and always read the small print!!!  I did not; I am to blame; I will try to do better; no judgement is needed. my caboose is sore from me kicking it!!!!

Honored Contributor

Sort of like Prime, which they renew automatically if you don't take the initiative to opt out. Personally, I think there should be a very clear choice point for customers to opt in or out of whatever they're offering...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...