Honored Contributor

We actually have a Prime van that has been running around the neighborhood lately.  Just saw it a few weeks ago.  I am not a Prime member but I think Amazon is maybe making good on that in house transportation threat.  

Super Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@kaydee50: My problem is when they pass it on to USPO and they lie about attempted delivery to look like they are honoring the Amazon contract. My last message- unable to deliver because building closed or gated community and I live on a regular street. This has happened several times and I always notify Amazon of the issue and of course they say it will be investigated but in the mean time call the PO and they never answer the phone! Plus this delays the delivery by 2 or 3 days. Southern Bee 

Your problem is with your local post office and you shouldn't be contacting Amazon about it since it has nothing to do with them.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@alliswell: Be thankful and count your Blessings. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee  Yes, I surely am Thankful and I always do count my Blessings - even the blessing that doesn't appear to be a blessing at the time.

Super Contributor

OP, Amazon uses UPS SurePost and UPS Mail Innovations a lot, who take the packages to our local post offices for final delivery. QVC recently sent an expensive computer via UPS SurePost and I'm not happy about it. I don't want the post office touching anything that's expensive.

Super Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@kaydee50: My problem is when they pass it on to USPO and they lie about attempted delivery to look like they are honoring the Amazon contract. My last message- unable to deliver because building closed or gated community and I live on a regular street. This has happened several times and I always notify Amazon of the issue and of course they say it will be investigated but in the mean time call the PO and they never answer the phone! Plus this delays the delivery by 2 or 3 days. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee If you get that message you should report it directly to the USPS. That is a rogue carrier and should be stopped.

Years ago I had a mail carrier that put a card in my mailbox stating they were no longer to deliver my mail because of my neighbor’s car. That neighbor’s car was parked on a public street in front of that neighbor’s home. My mailbox was in the legally required side of my driveway. No car was parked in front of my box and my box was on the other side of my driveway with at least 10 feet of clearance from my neighbor’s car. I immediately reported that postal carrier. I never had trouble with mail delivery again. You should do the same if they are not delivering packages and using false excuses. That is illegal. It will improve a lot of other people’s deliveries too.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbuttWell, IMO it is the shipper's (Amazon's) responsibility to get the item to me in the timeframe noted.  I do not want to have to contact the post office.  Amazon should follow up or they will not get their payment.  (My credit card is not due for a few more weeks.)

Honored Contributor

@TTerri: The local post office does not answer their phone. I do not drive and rely on friends for transportation. Amazon has noticed that I am a great and frequent customer. Also, the 1-800  USPS number that Amazon suggest using- guess what- they don’t answer the phone. My friend with the local post office that normally helped me recently died. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@alliswell: Totally understand. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

You will get a daily email, if you don't get a package, you can reply to the email and start a claim.   

@SouthernBee wrote:

@TTerri: The local post office does not answer their phone. I do not drive and rely on friends for transportation. Amazon has noticed that I am a great and frequent customer. Also, the 1-800  USPS number that Amazon suggest using- guess what- they don’t answer the phone. My friend with the local post office that normally helped me recently died. Southern Bee