Honored Contributor

I've always been impressed with Amazon and how quickly items arrive.  Now I see they are "contracting" with "regional" shippers including the U.S. Post Office.  An item I expected yesterday is being delivered by the USPS and has been "delayed."  Not sure why.

I guess all good things must end.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I've always been impressed with Amazon and how quickly items arrive.  Now I see they are "contracting" with "regional" shippers including the U.S. Post Office.  An item I expected yesterday is being delivered by the USPS and has been "delayed."  Not sure why.

I didn't know that.  I agree.  Now good things will end!

Respected Contributor

Perhaps it will be delayed since USPS will not be delivering mail tomorrow due to Bush 41's funeral?  I got a news alert stating this, but it did say that some packages would keep moving as to not get backed up for the holiday deliveries.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50: My problem is when they pass it on to USPO and they lie about attempted delivery to look like they are honoring the Amazon contract. My last message- unable to deliver because building closed or gated community and I live on a regular street. This has happened several times and I always notify Amazon of the issue and of course they say it will be investigated but in the mean time call the PO and they never answer the phone! Plus this delays the delivery by 2 or 3 days. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@kaydee50: My problem is when they pass it on to USPO and they lie about attempted delivery to look like they are honoring the Amazon contract. My last message- unable to deliver because building closed or gated community and I live on a regular street. This has happened several times and I always notify Amazon of the issue and of course they say it will be investigated but in the mean time call the PO and they never answer the phone! Plus this delays the delivery by 2 or 3 days. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee

We must have the same P.O.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

You can't really blame Amazon if the carrier is delaying things, though.

As to the Sure Post stuff, if you have an account with UPS you can have them upgrade it to Ground.    Of course, there is a small fee ($3, IIRC)  if you don't have the paid account but, at $40 per YEAR, the paid account is worth it for me.  I have my UPS account set to automatically upgrade them, so that works nicely.

Either way, if you have a company and it reduces your shipping costs greatly to use these services it would not even make sense not to.   When I've gotten something with that service all it does it add one day to shipping time.  If the item is Prime, then they don't change the shipping to add an additional day to delivery.  

Honored Contributor

@Drythe: Yep and probably a lot of other people. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50- I also had an item I was expecting yesterday that they emailed me about last night and said delayed. Have no idea why. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

In my location, USPS always delivers my Amazon orders and items that are not Prime are also delivered super-fast by USPS, within 2-days, sometimes faster.   

Honored Contributor

@alliswell: Be thankful and count your Blessings. Southern Bee