Esteemed Contributor

DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE AT LOWES TODAY

DH and I ran into Lowes after church today to pick up a few things.  I always have to look around at everything.  Well, today I was looking up and stepped right in a pile of dog poo!!!  My husband was walking in front of me and was turning to say "Look out for the.........oh man, you stepped right in it".  I certainly did!!  As I hopped to the restroom to do a scrape and wash job, DH brought it to the attention of an employee.  The paper towels they have in public restrooms are the pits.  They are so thin and basically useless.  I did the best I could with what was there. I was wearing wedge sandals and thankfully nothing got on my foot.   Anyway, when I came out of restroom, they had only rolled a cart over the mess.  There were tracks for at least 15 feet. 

If a person is bringing a dog into a public business, it is their job to look after any and all messes it makes.  I didn't see the guilty culprit and it is probably a good thing. 

I was not happy. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE AT LOWES TODAY

[ Edited ]

What an awful experience.  I always look at the floors when I'm at Petsmart but not Lowes.  I notice more people bringing their dogs to all kinds of stores, even the library sometimes.   

Esteemed Contributor

I am an animal lover but, DOGS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN STORES!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Ahhh yes the emotional support dog industry and the wonderful people who pick up after their animals. Somebody will slip and fall on dog doo, sue them and then only legitimate service animals will be let in. This is what happened to the airline industry.

Esteemed Contributor

DH mentioned that he saw several dogs in there today while I never saw any.  I guess I was looking up, LOL.

Yes, @Deanie,  I am surprised I didn't slip and slide through it. 

I don't want to be gross here, but this dog was either nervous or sick, if you know what I mean.  I wouldn't want my dog to come in contact with something like that.  That is how viruses  and more are spread.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I am an animal lover but, DOGS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN STORES!!!!!!!

I am too and I absolutely agree... And hooey on this 'emotional support' nonsense. When I rule the world only bona fide service animals will be allowed in stores, even pet stores. Unless you're taking your dog for grooming or to the in-store vet, there is no reason for Fido to tag along.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love to shop with my dog and I'll often take him to Lowe's, Home Depot and (his favorite and mine) Total Wine.

He's a fine canine citizen and has never misbehaved.

I love dogs more than anything and it really p____s me off that so many of them have irresponsible owners.  I can't take my dog to Tent Rocks National Monument because dogs have been banned and I fear that if people don't start picking up their dogs' waste I won't be able to take him to the Petroglyphs, either.

REI has already stopped allowing dogs in their store.  The apartment complex a few blocks away might change their policy, too.  Good grief, they supply bags and people still can't bend/stoop to pick up the mess.

It makes it bad for responsible dog owners who really appreciate being able to take their dogs out in public.

I'm sorry this happened to you @tends2dogs.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I had been noticing more and more dogs in my local supermarket (not service dogs). Some are in the cart seat; others not.

Just a couple weeks ago, I saw a woman with a German shephard on a leash -- no identity labeling the dog as a service dog.

Yesterday, I saw that they had put up a large sign on the entrance door that made it clear that only certified service dog are allowed. Finally.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

People drag them to the summer time Community markets, also. Street vendors having a weekend. You got strollers, wheelchairs, and now you have to navigate around dogs on leashes and owners not paying attention.

I've had a snout sniffing a few times.

Woman Wink     Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

That's bad.  If course they put a cart over it, they don't want to clean it up either.  I'm a pet lover, but not in favor of pets shopping.