Honored Contributor

We joined and I find it a benefit.  I do however have a hard time ordering enough from Prime Pantry to get free shipping for those items.  We dont use the streaming or videos and we still like it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis  I don't know why anyone carries a credit card that charges an annual fee.  There are so many that don't.

Again, the library card is free.  If Prime was free like library cards and reward cards, I wouldn't have mentioned anything about it.

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

I like Prime. Sometimes I find the same item that QVC is selling, and I usually get free shipping. But the item always ships more quickly than Q can ship. I've returned two items in the years I've had Prime, and both had free return shipping. I live in Alaska, so I don't get the two day shipping, but it is fairly quick. 

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@itiswhatitis  I don't know why anyone carries a credit card that charges an annual fee.  There are so many that don't.

Again, the library card is free.  If Prime was free like library cards and reward cards, I wouldn't have mentioned anything about it.

ok @esmerelda.  If you need to pay for a membership to get certain benefits, then why don't you?  Why do you expect the same benefits that those who paid for them do?

Forget the credit cards and the library card.  Want the benefit?  Pay for it....

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Day1128 wrote:

I like Prime. Sometimes I find the same item that QVC is selling, and I usually get free shipping. But the item always ships more quickly than Q can ship. I've returned two items in the years I've had Prime, and both had free return shipping. I live in Alaska, so I don't get the two day shipping, but it is fairly quick. 

I've seen so many comparisons of same product-QVC vs Amazon and Amazon wins out most of the time.

Recently, the item I mentioned purchasing for $100 on Amazon was also on QVC.  But, I saved $15 buying it from Amazon due to the $10 shipping at QVC and the $5 I get back from my Amazon card.

But, more often than not, you don't even have to contemplate the card benefits or even the shipping to get a better price at Amazon.

A number of years ago I bought a laptop at Amazon.  QVC had that EXACT same laptop at the time, but for several hundred dollars more.  Literally, SEVERAL hundred!   That was also before we paid sales tax at Amazon, so I saved a considerable amount there, not to mention the free shipping.   Sure, I pay for that 'free shipping' via Prime but it still works out.

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda Sometimes the benefits are worth it to the consumer. I have an airlines CC that costs $95  dollars a year. It includes a free checked bag per ticket, lounge passes and priority boarding. If DH and I travel round trip twice a year, it pays for itself and still provides benefits that would then be free.

ETA: I love Amazon Prime!!!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

We joined and I find it a benefit.  I do however have a hard time ordering enough from Prime Pantry to get free shipping for those items.  We dont use the streaming or videos and we still like it.

@Imaoldhippie

I've tried a few times to fill a pantry box and I'm convinced that I will never be able to so I stopped trying. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 I stopped trying too.  I just order it now.  Its worth the $5.99 not to have to hunt down the items at the store and the less I have to go to Wally World.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Love Amazon Prime. I receive my most of my items in 2 days and the $99/year has paid for itself many times overs as I've purchased some large items that would have cost a fortune to ship. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Imaoldhippie

I've tried a few times to fill a pantry box and I'm convinced that I will never be able to so I stopped trying. 

Two day shipping is great, and I like it but it's not necessary. As for Pantry Box, ridiculous. Who wants to shop by constantly looking for more stuff to fill the box.

If I want some things, I can always spend $35.,no s&H, at Walmart and get two-day shipping.

Some things you can get cheaper at Amazon, but lots of things are not competitive.