Honored Contributor

I must be living in a different universe but the first time I actually heard anyone refer to men' hair in buns in conversation was last year when a friend of mine went to some kind of convention with her husband and when I asked her if there were any good looking guys there she said, "well, do you like man buns?"

And I thought a sec, and said, well, sure, as long as they're, you know, not droppy or flabby or flat.  She laughed and told me "no, I mean HAIR buns".

And I just said, "Ew, no" which is how I feel about man buns.

Anyway, I just came in from digging a bunch of stuff out in my garden-to-be and the guy next door is out sunning himself in his little bathing suit, with a naked neon pale back and sporting his man bun.  Oh, and a sweatband.  Ew. 

I just don't find the man bun thing attractive.  

You?

I don't think this is too controversial for the board.  Is it?  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

For the most part, they don't appeal to me.   They don't repel me completely like some guy hair styles, though.

I do like longer hair on guys.  Doesn't have to be super long, but just not mega-short.   So many guys with a great head of hair start shearing it all off when they get in their 40s and that's a shame.

The only current hair thing on guys that makes me want to vomit is the one where they shave off all the hair on the sides and back so that they only have a round disk of hair on the top off the head.  That reminds me of Nazis.  Just bad.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot,I think you're fine.  I too dislike man buns.  I also do not care for the top bun with the rest of their hair down on women either.  

They look like the "Little Mermaid"!  (Maybe "Charlie the Tuna" started "man buns"!!!)!!!

Image result for little mermaid from starkist tuna

Honored Contributor

I'd do Jared Leto's buns......hot!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

No, it doesn't bother me. Sort of an oriental thing to me.

samurai-hairstyle-curly-hair-men-214x300.jpg

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

For the most part, they don't appeal to me.   They don't repel me completely like some guy hair styles, though.

I do like longer hair on guys.  Doesn't have to be super long, but just not mega-short.   So many guys with a great head of hair start shearing it all off when they get in their 40s and that's a shame.

The only current hair thing on guys that makes me want to vomit is the one where they shave off all the hair on the sides and back so that they only have a round disk of hair on the top off the head.  That reminds me of Nazis.  Just bad.  

OMG, I need to schedule an eye exam.  I read the first sentence of the second paragraph as "I do like tongue hair on guys"/

I agree about the shave side and back thing.  Yeah, I would mention someone I just saw a pic of but that I think that gets into poof territory!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@QueenDanceALot,I think you're fine.  I too dislike man buns.  I also do not care for the top bun with the rest of their hair down either.  

They look like the "Little Mermaid"!  (Maybe "Charlie the Tuna" started "man buns"!!!)!!!

Image result for little mermaid from starkist tuna

LIttle Mermaid!  lol

Honored Contributor

my son wears his hair in the "man bun" style.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Ewww, silly Kitty!  Smiley Wink     

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

No, it doesn't bother me. Sort of an oriental thing to me.

samurai-hairstyle-curly-hair-men-214x300.jpg

haha, I was totally thinking of him a few minutes ago.

******, he was funny.