Honored Contributor

For us, it is WELL WORTH IT!   Only you can make that decision, beach.   I would strongly suggest it if you buy a lot.    Maybe check your buying history from this year. Add up the shipping and see if it would be worth it going forward.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@mima wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

For us it's worth the $8.80 a month though I have a hard time finding the free monthly books.

What do you mean by this?  Do you mean you can't find the one Kindle First books or all the free books or you have a hard time finding one you like?

Hi MIMA, I took have been having a problem finding the Kindle Free once a month to borrow books but I figured I would take another run at it after the holidays.  Any assistance you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

I love Amazon Prime and for me it's worth it between the free s&h and their Prime Music plus it is great to have heavy things delivered to your door . . . Smiley Happy

Every month I just google "Kindle First" and a link just shows up that I click on.

My mom get's an email from amazon reminding her to get her Kindle First book.  She must have signed up for that.  I don't get that email.

If you are interested, I could probably find where to sign up for it or maybe someone her knows.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@mima wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

For us it's worth the $8.80 a month though I have a hard time finding the free monthly books.

What do you mean by this?  Do you mean you can't find the one Kindle First books or all the free books or you have a hard time finding one you like?

Hi MIMA, I took have been having a problem finding the Kindle Free once a month to borrow books but I figured I would take another run at it after the holidays.  Any assistance you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

I love Amazon Prime and for me it's worth it between the free s&h and their Prime Music plus it is great to have heavy things delivered to your door . . . Smiley Happy

Every month I just google "Kindle First" and a link just shows up that I click on.

My mom get's an email from amazon reminding her to get her Kindle First book.  She must have signed up for that.  I don't get that email.

If you are interested, I could probably find where to sign up for it or maybe someone her knows.

Thanks MIMA, I found where to sign up for it but I seem to be missing the step needed to get into the Kindle First section but I did find where to get the monthly email so maybe that will help in January.

I love my Kindle but I do get a bit frustrated at times with Amazon's help sections.  I need to bookmark every page that I find useful because finding that particular page again proves to be problematic for me . . . Smiley Happy

Thanks as always for your help!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

I just looked on amazon and entered "free kindle books in all departments."

Check this out, it looks like 20 pages of free kindle books:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=free+kindle+books...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@momtochloe

I just looked on amazon and entered "free kindle books in all departments."

Check this out, it looks like 20 pages of free kindle books:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=free+kindle+books...

Oh wow, thanks @NoelSeven!  Off I go . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone! DS got a trial period to order some of his textbooks a year ago, but he let it expire. We are loyal Barnes and Noble customers, so I didn't think we needed Prime. He goes back and forth - depends who has the best price on the (mostly used) textbooks he gets - and that's if he can't rent them from the university bookstore! His computer gave out last month. We were planning to get him a new one for his birthday/Christmas, but we really wanted him home to pick one out. We didn't have the option - it crashed! So we did everything online. I talked to a really nice CS rep who recommended Prime to save money, and it did! I order things once in a while, but not that much.  I think we're leaning toward joining. I appreciate all of your comments so much! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love Prime!  I can buy books and other small items and get them quickly with no shipping.  That way I can see so many things that are available, make a selection and not have to go chase around town for it--computer labels, kitchen tools, a few cosmetics, gloves, flashlights, cables, cookware, etc.  It's a great thing! 

Trusted Contributor

I think it's worth it....as long as they don't raise the price.   We save a lot on shipping, especially because I was sometimes ordering things to hit the free shipping mark.  And, I like the two day shipping.  But, I've also noticed that a lot of their prices have dramatically increased since they started offering Prime.  You just have to know your prices.

As far as programming, it's a little better than our Xfinity On Demand, and they do have some original children's shows.  But, I don't watch too much.  I use it mainly for shipping.  I think the programming on Netflix is superior to Amazon Prime and our Xfinity On Demand.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

How do I go directly to the Lender's Library?  Anyone?

Respected Contributor

Theres a free 30 day trial for Amazon Prime

advertised, 

is that always offered or just for a limited

time only? I tried looking it up but

couldn't find out.  We want to try it

but not until after the holidays.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••