Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Day 7/11-12

@Icegoddess wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Absolutely !  I received an email to start my list to boost my prime awards.

@Goodie2shoes How does that work?  I don't think I got an E-mail, but those go to my E-mail account for everything internet, so I mostly just scan through.  I just don't understand about boosting your rewards.  

@Icegoddess I have never heard of "prime awards" either.  It would be good to hear from @Goodie2shoes.

PS - I saw a Vital Protein on sale, I think you had asked me about that product.  I buy the kind with hyaluronic acid, and the one with hyaluronic acid was not on sale last I checked.  May be different for you.  Amazon tells me some deals are just for me.  I think that is possible because they really target us.  

Not sure if the hyaluronic acid is needed for the effectiveness of this product, or just a plus.  When I first bought it that's what I bought, and I have stuck with that.

@NYCLatinaMe The Vital Protein discussion was probably in a thread about collagen supplements and hair growth.  

As far as Prime Awards goes, she may be referring to the %back you get for using the Amazon Credit Card. For Prime Days the percent was upped to 6% I think.  Maybe that was what the E-mail meant.  I was kinda thrown by the boosting part, but maybe that's what they meant.  

@Icegoddess Just FYI, I would not endorse Vital Proteins for hair growth, I started taking it for my skin, and I think it helped.  I think Nutrafol has reallly made my hair fuller.  Very happy with it.  I used a laser and it did not do much at the six month mark.  So I added the nutrafol..

Trusted Contributor

2 tubes Peter Thomas Roth eye bag cream, 1 ounce size....2 niacin and snail face treatment... 1 face wash and hair conditioner.  They are on their merry way to me right now.  LOVE this particular snail treatment from Korea.  And it does not cost too much.  I think I saw the Beauty Spy HSN selling something like it some time ago.  I will try to get some decaf TEA before the sale is up.

Esteemed Contributor

@10sluvr 

Sometimes you do not know you want something until you see it. I have added this to my wish list. I wish I would have know about it on prime day. I definitely would have purchased. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had my eye on a new coffee maker. The brand is Famiworths. I placed in my cart over the weekend, and waited till prime Day to see if the price decrease and it did by almost $30.00. In my rush to purchase I did not verify the color. The picture looked black but I actually ended up purchasing a dark blue, that does not match my kitchen at all, but oh well. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered a pair of women's overalls on July 11, it is coming by UPS and was due yesterday. I was notified it was coming by 8:00pm, it never came (I don't think UPS delivers that late). Today I get an email stating it's running late, I should receive it between July 14-19, if I don't get it by the 19th I should call to cancel. I am a prime member, what kind of 2 day delivery is this? If I could cancel I would but it's too late. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love Prime Day, feel like I am on at treasure hunt.  I check out the lightning offers and then make a decision.  

I bought a few things this year and two of them believe it or not I just sent back.  I never buy electronics online and I should have followed my own rules... two gifts for hubby that are hard to buy in stores, a voice recorder and a tape player... total for two about $50.  I should have known better but back they went today to Kohls. Yes, they came in quickly.  Fast and furious shipping.