Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Day 7/11-12

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Amazon manipulates the prices.  I was looking at a hair dryer yesterday that was $159 with a $50 coupon off.  Today it's $129 with a $20 coupon.

@Scooby Doo Yes they do.  They have said that.  Dynamic pricing.  I think it's algorithm based.  And Amazon does not have price adjustments, because usually the different prices are different sellers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I had about six items I was interested in buying. None were having Prime deals. I will look at other competing sites tonight.

One of my biggest complaints is the lack of filters for the Prime offers to narrow a search. Without them it's a time waster.

Also I don't remember seeing the "lightening" deals. 

@Etoile308 I have seen many lightning deals.  Nothing I was interested in.

They have those all the time.  I have bought some in the past.  Usually a very good discount.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Absolutely !  I received an email to start my list to boost my prime awards.

@Goodie2shoes How does that work?  I don't think I got an E-mail, but those go to my E-mail account for everything internet, so I mostly just scan through.  I just don't understand about boosting your rewards.  

@Icegoddess I have never heard of "prime awards" either.  It would be good to hear from @Goodie2shoes.

PS - I saw a Vital Protein on sale, I think you had asked me about that product.  I buy the kind with hyaluronic acid, and the one with hyaluronic acid was not on sale last I checked.  May be different for you.  Amazon tells me some deals are just for me.  I think that is possible because they really target us.  

Not sure if the hyaluronic acid is needed for the effectiveness of this product, or just a plus.  When I first bought it that's what I bought, and I have stuck with that.

@Icegoddess just looked at my shopping cart and on the side, Amazon is offering my kind of Vital Protein on sale.  "Just for me."  Might be worth a look.  $16 discount.

Olaplex on sale too.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Absolutely !  I received an email to start my list to boost my prime awards.

@Goodie2shoes How does that work?  I don't think I got an E-mail, but those go to my E-mail account for everything internet, so I mostly just scan through.  I just don't understand about boosting your rewards.  

@Icegoddess I have never heard of "prime awards" either.  It would be good to hear from @Goodie2shoes.

PS - I saw a Vital Protein on sale, I think you had asked me about that product.  I buy the kind with hyaluronic acid, and the one with hyaluronic acid was not on sale last I checked.  May be different for you.  Amazon tells me some deals are just for me.  I think that is possible because they really target us.  

Not sure if the hyaluronic acid is needed for the effectiveness of this product, or just a plus.  When I first bought it that's what I bought, and I have stuck with that.

@NYCLatinaMe The Vital Protein discussion was probably in a thread about collagen supplements and hair growth.  

As far as Prime Awards goes, she may be referring to the %back you get for using the Amazon Credit Card. For Prime Days the percent was upped to 6% I think.  Maybe that was what the E-mail meant.  I was kinda thrown by the boosting part, but maybe that's what they meant.  

Honored Contributor

I ordered a three pack of Clorox bleach spray and a super sized box of Shout color catcher sheets. Both were Prime Day deals.

It is 6 percent back with the Amazon credit card. I sent a birthday gift to a friend, it wasn't discounted but the 6 percent back motivated me to buy it today.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I usually don't do this, I ordered several items of clothing knowing I won't keep them all and return them. 

Valued Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

@Linda0215 Oh, yeah, the boxes: Walmart, Chewy, Amazon, Zulily, et al. Then there are the boxes inside the boxes. They can pile up fast. Glad where I live has weekly recycle pick up.

Hope your new chair works out. I just replaced my office chair this year. You should have seen the old one, not even the bulk trash shoppers would have wanted it. The little casters still rolled perfectly tho.

@laluzdelmundo   The boxes INSIDE the boxes. 😂😂😂😂

I hear you. It's so bad, I had to put them out in batches.  If I did it all at once, I'd be sure to hear it!

Thats about the state of my current office chair. The seat is so hard, not even my very ample bottom is cushioned enough to make it comfortable. 

Valued Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:

My iPad just arrived a day early! In all the excitement I forgot that I need a case. Duh on me. lol

After extensive searching I'm thinking about the ZUGU Case.

Zugu_iPadCase_7th_8thGen_10.2Red_1_1024x.png

It's $40 though. Anyone have other options that work well? TIA

@sugar plum   Congratulations on you new iPad!  You'll get many years of use from it. I've had mine since 2014 and still love it. 

I bought a $40 case from Amazon. It came with a little keyboard which is wonderful. Can't remember the make but there are lots of options.  I would say go for it. It's always an initial investment for new tech, but it pays off in the long run. I can't tell you how many times I've dropped my iPad on the floor from my bed. Still works!

Honored Contributor

can someone confirm as to what you mean by "prime rewards?"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

We order about a dozen items. From a tv down to a package of vanilla beans. Also Paramount+ and Starz for a few months to see what programming they have. Great deals.