Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon Overwhelms Me

[ Edited ]

This is my alternate with my Keurig.  Do not let the price fool you, it is a good solid perculator which makes an amazing cup of coffee.  If I perk a whole pot, I use any leftover for iced coffee.  I love it!

Primula perculator

Valued Contributor
For our electric percolator we order from Melitta directly those wrap-around basket filters with the 4 holes to anchor onto the middle stem. Can't find these filters in my local B & M retail stores anymore. This filter is awesome. We buy 2 boxes to keep stocked up & get free shipping.
Valued Contributor

Speaking of Amazon I left them long ago,least I thought I did.

I was being charged for large tv's, phones, you name it.

I would phone them, tell them I never ordered the things. I asked them to tell me where the items were delivered to and to whom, "oh we can't tell you"

So I went into my account, deleted all my info and thought it was all over, Wrong!

Happened again last night, so I phoned again. got the same garbage again. I asked how this keeps happening,, They said my account was never closed. I showed them it was and they said, they don't accept what I did and that they had special  form that they use............... Well I got that form from them and filled it out, then had them email it back showing me all was closed,, I will never shop with them again! If I can't find what I need on QVC or the stores themselves, the heck with it.. I never had this problem here,

Now I know I got off your coffee pot question, but whn I saw Amazon, the red light went off in my head...

I hope you find a coffee pot just stay away from Amazon, you'll be buying everyone one!   Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@pieman wrote:

I would phone them, tell them I never ordered the things. I asked them to tell me where the items were delivered to and to whom, "oh we can't tell you"

So I went into my account, deleted all my info and thought it was all over, Wrong!

Happened again last night, so I phoned again. got the same garbage again. I asked how this keeps happening,, They said my account was never closed. I showed them it was and they said, they don't accept what I did and that they had special  form that they use............... Well I got that form from them and filled it out, then had them email it back showing me all was closed,, I will never shop with them again! If I can't find what I need on QVC or the stores themselves, the heck with it.. I never had this problem here,

Now I know I got off your coffee pot question, but whn I saw Amazon, the red light went off in my head...

I hope you find a coffee pot just stay away from Amazon, you'll be buying everyone one!   Have a good day!

I find this story as stated to be almost unbelievable. It doesn't make sense and doesn't sound anything like the Amazon I'm accustomed to.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
DH always goes back to his $20 one button coffeemaker....after burning through four very expensive “fancy” ones....and even his French press broke. Don’t even ask about Keurig. Check out Costco; you can return it if you don’t like it with no time limit.
Esteemed Contributor

It's probably just me, but I do not tend to overthink or overly research a purchase unless it's for considerably more money. I go with brands that I've had in the past, or have heard good things about. I stay away from anything that looks overly complicated or that offers way more options/functions that what I need. And, I don't rely totally on reviews!

For a coffee maker, I'd probably go to Walmart, Target or Kohl's and just pick the size that will work in my kitchen, isn't complicated, and is a brand that's familiar to me.

Honored Contributor

@pieman wrote:

@pieman 

Huh.  Seems more like someone got your CC information or you were the victim of identity theft.     You DID get your money back .... right?

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I took your advice and bought a Mr Coffee. It has automatic shut off, but instead of two hours until shut down, it waits four hours. Two hours isn't  long enough for me.

It hasn't been "up the flag pole",  still in its box, so it's a wait see. 

Thank you to everyone for your help.

Valued Contributor

@pieman wrote:

---

I have never heard of anyone getting a form to fill out from Amazon (not saying this didn't happen, only that it is news to me).

This scenario sounds like something that might happen if you reply to that well known Amazon phone scam, where someone calls and says that they have detected unusual activity on your account and that an expensive electronics item has been charged to your credit card. They give a phone number to call if you want to resolve the issue. 

I get that call every now and then, but I always just hang up. I can just check my credit card account if I have any worry about it.

Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Overwhelms Me

[ Edited ]

Pieman, I totally don't believe your "story".