Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG 

Thank you, I hadn't  thought of that. Sort of, too good to be true.

Honored Contributor

The more reviews the better. Genuinely popular products have loads of reviews. And even if some might be fake or incentivized, with lots of reviews some are going to be real. Also the more reviews, the more negative reviews there will be. So if a product has over 1000 reviews and is still above 4 stars as an average, that is a very good sign.

Watch out for items that only have reviews that are all the same length and writing style. That's a giveaway that they could be fake.

And the "Amazon's Choice" signifier is surprisingly good and reliable. They don't only put it on expensive items.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

Amazon choice would seem like asking my father to choose. Tempting.

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain  Thanks for the good laugh about your parents. Very funny stuff. Woman LOLSmiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm so used to shopping on Amazon that it has become second nature and quite easy.

Cuisinart 14 cup -- and even that isn't big enough for us!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

i read all the reviews on amazon also... it will drive you insane.. lol... then i wonder how many of them are "real"  for the most part i go by the reviews.. but if i really want it i buy it. What one person doesnt like is different for everyone.. i read some bad reviews on things i still purchased, and i really loved them.. to each there own... 

Valued Contributor
A vote here for coffee percolators. "Hot Cowboy Coffee". We buy a new one (Hamilton Beach) at Target about every 4 years now; been using for 35 years. We drink a full 12 cups every day. I'm only cleaning ~1 time every 60 days with liquid dishwasher soap & water cycle, paper towel wipe out inside, followed by vinegar cycle then water cycle. Love.
Valued Contributor
PS Also have a Keurig for the occasional single cup; & hot water kettle to make instant Vietnamese coffee. Yes we have a caffeine addiction.
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

My family were coffee addicts with friends stopping by so the coffee was purchased as beans and freshly ground. Than it was brewed in a stainless steel 25 cup urn with a lever and spout. 

To say we took our coffee seriously would be understated.

Super Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@occasionalrain    Best not to go down that rabbit hole.  It can drive you mad.   Keep in mind there are people who enjoy giving bad reviews

True, and people hired to give good reviews as well.