Honored Contributor

I "joined" Amazon Music when it became available, and when I downloaded the app on my phone / laptop / android ... it automatically downloaded all the CDs that I had purchased from Amazon over the years - lots and lots of them!

It's just great to be sitting here at the computer with all "my" music playing in the background.  I have kind of an "odd" taste in music.

I'm now listening to the sound track of Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris.

Next up ...  cue Rod McKuen .... then John Michael Talbot ... then  ....

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA I have a nice  CD collection, most of which were purchased before I knew anything about Amazon and maybe even before Amazon existed.   For several days this week as I've worked off and on to finally clear my closets and drawers of clothes I hope will always be too big for me to wear comfortably, I've also been sorting my CD.s.  I've been doing that by listening to them in whatever order I found them on my shelves.

The donate pile isn't as big as I thought it would be!  I still like so much - from Yo-Yo Ma playing Beethoven to George Strait twanging great country.  And Bruce and Joel and Bon Jovi along with a few operas.  The Who may now be too loud for me, but I still love the music from  Ken Burns Civil War history.  Today I listened to Barbara and Aretha and Roberta -  all different and all wonderful.   

I'm thinking you're living in music heaven with all that sound so easily available!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ALRATIBA I have a nice  CD collection, most of which were purchased before I knew anything about Amazon and maybe even before Amazon existed.   For several days this week as I've worked off and on to finally clear my closets and drawers of clothes I hope will always be too big for me to wear comfortably, I've also been sorting my CD.s.  I've been doing that by listening to them in whatever order I found them on my shelves.

The donate pile isn't as big as I thought it would be!  I still like so much - from Yo-Yo Ma playing Beethoven to George Strait twanging great country.  And Bruce and Joel and Bon Jovi along with a few operas.  The Who may now be too loud for me, but I still love the music from  Ken Burns Civil War history.  Today I listened to Barbara and Aretha and Roberta -  all different and all wonderful.   

I'm thinking you're living in music heaven with all that sound so easily available!

@millieshops 

Yes ... I'm sitting here with a silly smile on my face ..

Respected Contributor

I love Amazon music! I had the version that carried a monthly charge over and above what I'm paying for Prime, but decided that I had plenty to choose from with what's included. One of my favorite things to do is to tell Alexa to play whatever I'm in the mood for while I'm enjoying my coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

It’s hard to get rid of music isn’t it ? It takes you to a certain place and time and evokes all of the feelings.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I have brought music from Amazon since 1998. Music Unlimited is nice service to buy. I don't have to store  anymore CDs. I pay for MU once a year. You do save a little money.

I also subscribe to Napster. Sometimes I can not connect MU with my cellphone. It is nice to have a backup.

Honored Contributor

I love my Amazon Music. I'm actually not a big music person but I do like what I like and what I like, my music is like a collection of old friends.  Emphasis on old...LOL   It's nice having my music on my phone, my laptops, my tablets.  And love it that I don't have have stacks of CD's.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Music

[ Edited ]

DH and I were early adaptors of Echo and we listen to Prime music every night (we don't see any reason to pay an additional fee; what's free is plentiful and great).

Honored Contributor

I'm very pleased with Amazon Music, I enjoy being able to play whole albums of my favorite artists.

Valued Contributor

I like the free Amazon music also. You can tell Alexa to play some Christmas music, Irish music (St. Pats Day), soft rock, romantic music, dinner music, jazz, soft jazz, etc.

I see no reason to pay extra for it. I like the combos they put together when you state a category.

No one has mentioned all their music they've had through ITunes. I have years of music on ITunes and it does bother me that I had to pay for all those songs. I rarely listen to it anymore.

What has everyone done with their Itunes music?