Super Contributor

Hi, everyone. I'm just curious if Amazon does its own deliveries in every state? I believe they first started with trial runs in San Francisco earlier this year. I'm in Portland, OR and we started getting our deliveries from them several months ago (at least that long). And I believe they started their own deliveries in the U.K. in 2014, based on an article I saw.

All I know is they're awesome. They're polite, they always ring the doorbell, while UPS and FedEx just drop their packages and run (time is money). Just now, the young lady introduced herself. And they even try to hide my packages and not simply leave them dead center of my front porch. It's like how UPS used to be.

Anyway, just curious if you're noticing Amazon's expansion? 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Logistics Deliveries

[ Edited ]

Amazon doesn't have it's own delivery service in my area and frankly I'd rather that delivery services not ring the doorbell or knock unless I have to sign for a package. All that does is set my dogs off barking and besides I get a text message everytime something delivered. Not that I expect them to read my mind. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Yes here its an unmarked white van

Super Contributor

I'm usually home when deliveries are made, and so more often than not, I'm at the door when I hear them. Today I was in the back of the house, so it was nice that they rang.

We have a problem up here where people follow the delivery trucks so they can steal the packages. So the shortest time on the porch, the better. No small kids to wake, no barking dog to disturb, so the doorbell isn't a problem for me. 😊

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Esteemed Contributor

They have them where I live.

Unmarked green van.

Knock.

Drop.

Run.

The delivery guys are probably told to make stops as short as possible, and probably timed to see how long they are at each stop, and how long it takes them to get to the next stop.

They are probably pressured to be faster, faster, faster.

Esteemed Contributor

Here it's a white van marked with Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I'm not usually home for most of my Amazon deliveries, so I haven't noticed. I know in my area they use the post office for Sunday deliveries.

We also have Amazon Prime Now in my area, so any my Prime Now orders are dropped off by a separate service with Amazon employees. Prime now delivers some electronics, some groceries, and some household items. Where other local grocery delivery services pick the groceries up at a local grocery store, Amazon has their own warehouse of items. I use Prime Now 3-4 times a month.

Esteemed Contributor

Got UPS or USPS here.  UPS did not make my delivery last nite:  the reason was the weather.  Well, it was chilly, no wind, no rain, nor snow - just a bit of chill in the air!

Yeah, I'd like to see Amazon deliver here!

Esteemed Contributor

I just received a package from Amazon yesterday...but it was the mailman who brought it...

A week ago last Sunday I received a package from Amazon that was left on my porch...no knock..no doorbell..and it was a Sunday.....good thing I happened to look outside or it would have sat on the back porch till the next day...

I have no idea who brought that package...

Honored Contributor

I live in a rural area and I'm sure it's not on Amazon's radar as far as these deliveries. We don't have any Prime Now or 2-hr window. As far as I have paid attention, all my deliveries have been by professional companies. 

Whether I would think it's a good thing would depend on where they left a package, i.e. how safe is it. I have read that these "Uber for Amazon" drivers are tracked to see how many deliveries they can make, and the way they're paid would mean the more deliveries the better.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all