Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Deliveries

[ Edited ]

I've had Prime miss a few of my orders. But, the vast majority of my orders have been delivered in 2 days. Not only that, but some have been delivered on Sundays, too. 

I also had an order say it was delivered to the mail room. I found it on my front porch.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, 1 day delay for one single customers definitey means Amazon is headed to failure land...lol   I get excellent delivery times for most of my Qvc purchases, no complaints but never in 30 plus years have I ever received something in 2 days.  Which I love my Prime and with PrimeNow, I can get groceries and many other things in 2 hours for free and 1 hour if I want to pay delivery.   And don't forget even if you have Prime, some things aren't eligible for Prime.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs momI get virtually all my Q deliveries in less than a week from the order date.  And I believe that over the past 5 years, they have missed their EDD only once for me.

I'd like to think they love my charming personality, but it's probably where I live.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I order regularly from Amazon.  If Prime is that slow I am glad I never paid for it.  I don't mind waiting a few days for free shipping.  

Prime isn't slow,  I honestly don't believe all whining.  It seems like they don't know how Prime works,  everything isn't eligible for Prime.  However, even non Prime things come pretty darn fast for the most part.  Would Amazon be the monster who ate everything if they had slow delivery times?  I think not....

Honored Contributor

@ceekay  I have 4 clothing orders in the pipeline probably delivered tomorrow, EDD was today.  They were "processing" 4 days so I didn't wait a week.  I'm in no hurry to get them but if I was, it would be aggravating.  Other places from which I order take about the same time, some longer. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yeah, 1 day delay for one single customers definitey means Amazon is headed to failure land...lol   I get excellent delivery times for most of my Qvc purchases, no complaints but never in 30 plus years have I ever received something in 2 days.  Which I love my Prime and with PrimeNow, I can get groceries and many other things in 2 hours for free and 1 hour if I want to pay delivery.   And don't forget even if you have Prime, some things aren't eligible for Prime.

@chrystaltree  Apparently you missed the point; it's not so much the guaranteed date missed as it is our postal carrier delivering what started as a UPS shipment from Amazon. That doesn't tell you something?   I make selections based on what is eligible for Prime. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree  Apparently you missed the point; it's not so much the guaranteed date missed as it is our postal carrier delivering what started as a UPS shipment from Amazon. That doesn't tell you something?   I make selections based on what is eligible for Prime. 

Sorry, I didn't understand because much of what I buy is delivered by the Amazon deivers or the independant drivers Amazon hires.  So, generally I get my 1-2 day delivery times.  Very few of my Amazon items come via the post office.

Trusted Contributor

WOW!!  I thought I was the ONLY ONE experiencing delivery problems with Amazon!  

I have had to call CS at least 4X to inquire WHY their Logistics driver WILL NOT (not CANNOT) deliver my MANY orders directly to my front door!  

I live on the 2nd floor (no elevator) and live a long way from complex management office so when they dump a heavy package at the office because the driver is too LAZY to actually trek up the hill and up the steps to deliver to my front door it really irritates me!!  

The CS rep is always quite receptive to my complaint and said that my complex is so large the driver may have trouble finding my unit.  

She agreed to enter the GPS coordinates of my unit into their system that goes directly to the Amazon driver.  We'll see....I have decided if they can't resolve this issue it's sayonara for me and Amazon.

As an aside, the CS rep agreed that these "Amazon Logistics" drivers are VERY WELL paid as they are subcontractors and own their own business!!

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Sparky3333 wrote:

How funny i dont come here often and when i just did i see this..I just hung up with Amazon cancelling my membership because i do not want it to renew when this one ends and they have no auto renewal shut off i guess........The service here in ca is getting so bad now i have decided to go with Jet.com and see if they do better or vitacost for my needs....I order a few times a week many times and lately they are doing ups to post office now and i dont get my orders when they say i will......Sat i was suppose to get some enzymes i take to help digest food and they didnt show up....CS called usps and they said there was a mix up and they would deliver today well so far nothing and my order still shows wrong address undeliverable?!I have not had a Amazon driver deliver my orders in a month so makes me wonder if buying whole foods is causing this?.

@Sparky3333  Your Account, Your prime Membership and at the bottom left side is says "end my membership". No need to call. 

I don't live in a bigger city area of CA, but haven't had what I would call bad service from Amazon.  In fact, they have many of their bigger warehouses in this state, which makes sense, considering how many customers they have here.

A few of my recent Q orders came quicker than usual, and I think they were all beauty orders.  I think it just depends what you order, and where it's shipped from.  

Respected Contributor

I love Amazon. In fact, I think they should train other companies in customer service.  I have never had anyone from Amazon give me attitude.  They are extremely professional and respectful. 

I have never seen Amazon use UPS and pass it on to USPS.  They do use UPS, but it has never gotten passed on.  Are you sure it wasn't another purchase from another store?

I totally agree with SarahW.  If you are dissatisfied, by all means cancel your Prime membership.  No use sitting around complaining.  Take some action and go on to another company like the one person who is going on to Jet.  Good luck with Jet.

Today I received my Mally TSV from the Q.  I must be near a warehouse because sometimes I receive my purchase in two or three days.  I am quite happy with QVC's delivery.

For the person whose packages are being dropped off at the management office.  Can the driver get into your building or does he need a security key for entry?  Possibly he has tried and decided your package might be safer in the management office?  Either way, have you called Amazon Logistics themselves and talked to them.  Tell CS  you need to talk to them directly.  The Logistics Department write the directions for the drivers and will pass along any information you might want to convey about where you would like your packages to be left.

Amazon also has an option where you can have no rush shipping and get a $1.00 credit towards songs or books.  I use that quite often too. 

I also have to add their Prime Day a few months ago was the best!  I got so many things for great prices. 

I absolutely love Amazon!!