Honored Contributor

I order regularly from Amazon.  If Prime is that slow I am glad I never paid for it.  I don't mind waiting a few days for free shipping.  

Honored Contributor

I'm a happy Amazon prime member, but I want to shout out to Walmart. I order big bags of pet food, and as long as I spend 35.00, they guarantee 2 day free delivery. So far , so good. The prices are the same as in the store. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Occasionally, one of my Prime deliveries takes 3 days, rather than two.   When this delay has made a difference and I let them know, I was compensated in some way.  Usually, they give me an extra month of Prime.

To compare to QVC,where the delivery is extra long to get to me on the West Coast.....2 days ago, I ordered a pair  of Vionic hiking boots from Amazon for 85.94.   The same boots sell for 109.96 on QVC.   Both sites offer free shipping but I would likely not get them for 10-14 days if ordered from QVC.  I got them today, from Amazon. 

The difference in price is almost $25, not to mention the tax savings.

Honored Contributor

@ceekay wrote:

My order came in 2 days but says it was delivered to the mailroom.  I live in a house and do not have a mail room (or if I do, I have no clue where it is).  They told me to wait until tomorrow in case it really is still in transit.  And then they will refund/replace.  I have also had orders arrive in 3 or 4 days versus 2 days.  

@ceekay  Lol, I think the mailroom is at USPS, happens to me.  SurePost is the slowest delivery, which is when UPS hands things off to USPS.

Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Deliveries

[ Edited ]

I am an original Prime member.  In all these years they have missed a delivery twice -- and they are here an average of twice a week.  Maybe it depends on where you live.  (Yes -- I know that with Prime it shouldn't matter.)  I think it is still an aberration with Amazon whereas with QVC it has become the norm -- especially since they started sending more and more through the post office.

Honored Contributor

I have been with a A. prime for  a while now  and every order thus far has been  on time as quoted to me.  Very happy with it at this time.  👍👍👍

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

LOL, even with the extra day which does occasionally happen it doesn't compare to QVC who can't even process an order to be picked up by the shipping company in 3 days except on rare occasions, let alone deliver anything within a week. 

@jaxs mom  Occasionally?  My last order, all Prime, took 5 days to be delivered.  It's gotten to be more than occasional. 

Well, you know if you're that unhappy you can cancel your Prime membership at any time.   I've been an Amazon customer since 1996 and I think they have the best customer service on the planet.   

Respected Contributor

i am in Los Angeles and rarely have a delay.  occasionally. i mean, stuff happens. and sometimes Amazon delivers early.  verrrrrry happy.

Honored Contributor

@Sparky3333 wrote:

How funny i dont come here often and when i just did i see this..I just hung up with Amazon cancelling my membership because i do not want it to renew when this one ends and they have no auto renewal shut off i guess........The service here in ca is getting so bad now i have decided to go with Jet.com and see if they do better or vitacost for my needs....I order a few times a week many times and lately they are doing ups to post office now and i dont get my orders when they say i will......Sat i was suppose to get some enzymes i take to help digest food and they didnt show up....CS called usps and they said there was a mix up and they would deliver today well so far nothing and my order still shows wrong address undeliverable?!I have not had a Amazon driver deliver my orders in a month so makes me wonder if buying whole foods is causing this?.

@Sparky3333  Your Account, Your prime Membership and at the bottom left side is says "end my membership". No need to call. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 - guess I better get busy on the mailroom design and construction then! Actually, I rarely have any issues with Amazon.  The Q is another story.  My recent orders have sat in processing for up to 7 or 8 days before shipping.  Then when they finally get to the UPS 2 miles from my house they get transferred to the post office so add 3 days.  I guess at $3 you get what you pay for.  I rather have a consistent 2 day experience with Amazon (with the occasional outlier).