Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Continues to Impress Me

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

I returned something for the first time to Amazon that was defective. I knew I would get a refund when they received the product back; however, lo and behold, they must have received notification of my return mailing from the info on their return label, and that same night I received an email that my account had already been credited back. All in one day. Wow and wow.

@pattypeep - Question - I have wondered how you return items to Amazon when they don't provide you with any paperwork (receipt) when they ship you an item.  Just wondering how you return an item without that?

@hoosieroriginal  I'm not twopeas but can answer your question.  To return something you just go into your orders on Amazon's website.  It will say "Return or Replace Items."  You click on that and follow the instructions.  It will give you a bar code to put in with your order and an address label.

@NickNack - Thanks - I thought it strange that the items didn't come with an invoice. 

Thank you,  @NickNack, for replying to @hoosieroriginal's question. That is exactly what I did and it was so easy. I've been working outside all day and just came in, showered, and checked the community chat.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I dropped my prime membership after about 3-4 years.  I kept reading more and more reviews online by people that didn't purchase the item. Also questioned the supplier of the item....as mentioned by a previous poster..lots of "sellers" from dubious markets.  And I never watched the videos that were free. I did like the Amazon Pantry feature. 

But now I spend less money, do with a bit less, and often will try to find an item locally. 

I too will be dropping my membership after more years than I can count of being a Prime member.  Today I received a broken item and last week received the wrong item.  This has been happening quite a bit lately and I am tired of repacking and sending things back.  It seems to me in the area I live in (suburbs of Chicago) ever since they built a hub out here the service has declined and to be honest I can no longer justify (again for me) the membership fee as there are many shopping options in my area so it's time for me to stop being lazy and impatient so to speak.  

But I will miss that One Click and receive in two days option . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Amazon's customer service is great but some their vendor's are a little shady, I think.  You have to be careful when you buy things with expiration dates on them.

A few months ago, I bought a large pack of batteries that were very close to the expiration date.  I returned those easily enough but that's frustrating.  

Just yesterday, I received two packages of Dramamine consisting of a 36 ct in each pkg.  The expiration date was 8/16!  Most medications start to lost potency after the expiration, I assume.  I have a trip planned for June which includes plane rides, riding on bumpy Jamaican roads, boat rides, etc so I definitely need good motion sickness pills.

Anyway, I called customer service and told her what happened.  She couldn't have been nicer.  Asked if I wanted to keep one pkg and throw away the other and get credit for one of them.  I agreed.  By the end of the day, I received an email stating that my credit was in process.

I went online before calling to look at the reviews of the product and sure enough, several people had received Dramamine from this seller with short expiration dates.  Amazon stated that they were going to get in touch with this seller to make them not do this any more.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

I returned something for the first time to Amazon that was defective. I knew I would get a refund when they received the product back; however, lo and behold, they must have received notification of my return mailing from the info on their return label, and that same night I received an email that my account had already been credited back. All in one day. Wow and wow.

@pattypeep - Question - I have wondered how you return items to Amazon when they don't provide you with any paperwork (receipt) when they ship you an item.  Just wondering how you return an item without that?

@hoosieroriginal  I'm not twopeas but can answer your question.  To return something you just go into your orders on Amazon's website.  It will say "Return or Replace Items."  You click on that and follow the instructions.  It will give you a bar code to put in with your order and an address label.

@NickNack - Thanks - I thought it strange that the items didn't come with an invoice. 

@hoosieroriginal  You can go into your orders and print your invoice, too.  On the top line on the right it has the order #, order details and invoice.  Click on "invoice" and it will pull it up.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm a huge Amazon shopper.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to make a last minute purchase of a suitcase for my husband for our trip, which starts this Wednesday.  I didn't have time, or the inclination reallly, to head off to the mall.

I priced the one I wanted on Macy's website.  I went to Amazon.  They had it for a lower price.  I bought it and selected one day shipping.  That was yesterday afternoon.... a Sunday.  This morning it's already showing that it's in my town so I have no doubt that it will be delivered today.

Very impressive.  That's the first time I've used one day shipping.  I couldn't believe they could get it here that fast since I ordered on a Sunday.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Every time I hear people talking about Amazon, it's bragging on their shipping methods.  Other than books, I never find the best deal on Amazon.  When I do the comparison on value, I usually go elsewhere.  I keep them on my comparison list and maybe one day they will beat the price of what I'm looking at.  By the way, most of who I deal with on ebay get my items to me in a couple of days.  Fine with me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Every time I hear people talking about Amazon, it's bragging on their shipping methods.  Other than books, I never find the best deal on Amazon.  When I do the comparison on value, I usually go elsewhere.  I keep them on my comparison list and maybe one day they will beat the price of what I'm looking at.  By the way, most of who I deal with on ebay get my items to me in a couple of days.  Fine with me. 

Isn't it wonderful that there are so many choices available?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Agree with you, Twopeas.   There are so many choices that there is something for all of us.

I DO compare prices and way more times than not Amazon does have the best price on things that I shop.  I shop there over a number of categories including electronics, kitchen stuff, food items, books, music - too many for my faulty memory.  

There is just so much to like about them as a retailer.   No, I'm not emotionally involved, as I'm not an emotional thinker.  I like them a lot because almost all of the time there I not only find whatever weird thing I'm looking for but then I find that they have the best price and they have the best service.   

If another reputable retailer has a better price for the same exact thing, I'm there.   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yep, Amazon is great!

I do most of my shopping there.  Whenever I'm looking for something, that's the first place I go, from clothes, to household items, to everything!

Where I live, major stores are not very close.  So it's great to have Amazon to count on!

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Amazon is always the first place I go online to look for things.  I have never had Prime and I have never paid shipping.  I used to purchase a lot of books but now I use the library.  I have only had to return I think two items in all the time I have used it.