Esteemed Contributor

I love scrolling through FB, including the sometimes bogus ads.  Today was a new low; there are numerous ( I stopped counting at 6) glossy ads for Yeti coolers: 4 coolers for $69-$89.  For those who don't know, Yeti coolers go for several hundred dollars each.  Talk about click bait!

Honored Contributor

I noticed a week or 10 days ago there were at least 4-5 companies of different names selling the exact same huge, over-done door wreaths, all "closing their shop", and all promising delivery in up to 6 weeks.  That shop must be in some remote province in China.  The price was $34.99

I'd love to know if anyone ever gets these and what they look like. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazing FB scam.

[ Edited ]

@patbz  @Kachina624  "They" are getting bolder by the hour.   Yesterday, I got an unknown email.....asking me to confirm my checking account number.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I love scrolling through FB, including the sometimes bogus ads.  Today was a new low; there are numerous ( I stopped counting at 6) glossy ads for Yeti coolers: 4 coolers for $69-$89.  For those who don't know, Yeti coolers go for several hundred dollars each.  Talk about click bait!

I didn't know what they were!  I googled them and there is a direct company there called Yeti and you're right about the price.  I need to get out more!

Honored Contributor

So is this a scam,or you just did not know what a yeti is?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

So is this a scam,or you just did not know what a yeti is?

@goldensrbest      I've dated a couple yeti guys.   (Big & hairy...but no brains.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

When my husband got a Yeti cooler as part of a golf outing gift, everyone kept saying how expensive they were and how nice they were. 

So when he started coming home with the cups with different vendor's names/logos, I was thrilled.  Till I realized they were made in China. 

Name doesn't mean anything to me now.  Big zero.

Respected Contributor

Facebook:   I refuse to be on it period.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest : I definitely know and appreciate what Yeti is; we own 2 Yeti tumblers, 3 Yeti ice and several "faux" Yeti coolers ( other brands that do same thing at 1/3-1/2 Yeti price).

Honored Contributor

Facebook PUrity, an add on that lets you block just about anything you do not want to see on facebook