Valued Contributor

Re: Amazing FB scam.

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

I love, love FaceBook. It keeps me in touch with my friends in the Caribbean. It's so much fun talking to my friends on Whattsapp for free and sending messages through Messenger. Nothing better than that.  No more AT&T and all the other ripoff phone companies.

---

Most of my family are not in the US, so Facebook is very convenient for keeping us all in touch more regularly. 

The younger ones do other types of social media to communicate with their friends, but they also check in with Facebook to keep in touch with family, which we all appreciate.

So convenient for us. It is easy to ignore the ads and other nonsense.

Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@jlkz   me neither. FB is a cesspool of disinformation and hate

How do you know if you never go on facebook?

Trusted Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@RealtyGal2 

I didn't ask anyone's opinion. I simply stated mine: I believe that is permitted here.

and, thank you, I didn't know that no one cares about my opinion.  Guess that is why 13 folks took the time to click on a heart.

I did not say that no one cares about your opinion. I said that no one cares if you decide to go on facebook or not, and it is none of their business because it is your personal decision. I am supporting your right to make your own decision and have your own opinion so stop trying to pick a fight.

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@jlkz   me neither. FB is a cesspool of disinformation and hate

How do you know if you never go on facebook?

Unless Zuckerberg did a lot of fixing it's still a cesspool of scams, lies and deceit.  Not by the typical user, however.  This mess comes from their monetary members.  If it was a cesspool when I was on it, I'm sure not much has changed.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

My favorite coffee cup is a Yeti...worth the price to me and it works better than the knockoff brands I have tried. Coffee is hot for an hour or more and ice will not melt for hours.

Respected Contributor

Last October my daughter sent me a link for boots heavily advertised on Facebook as a Christmas gift idea. I ordered them somewhat hesitantly and should have gone with my gut. The boots never arrived and when I forwarded my order confirmation info to the vendor with my concern about the purchase, I got a computer generated response asking for my order and payment info. Ah, duh, it's attached. I contacted my CC company and reported this site as fraudulent. The CC company refunded my $$$. The site has since disappeared. That was enough of a lesson learned for me...No more Facebook ad shopping.

@Kachina624 I see those "we have to close the shop" Facebook ads all the time with different company names (and all with the same wreath) as well as "artisan crafted" jewelry sites with a beach theme that have to close their doors...but not until they scam enough people before scampering.